Baja Designs Fog Pocket Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorCoastie

NorCal Raptor Runs
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm sure it's been covered, but I've chosen and installed the Fog Pocket kit from Baja Designs. They offer three different levels of their kit and it includes the mount.

I personally chose the "Pro" kit which includes 2 Squadron Pros in a spot pattern, 2 Squadron Pros in a driving/combo pattern and 2 S2 Sports in a wide cornering pattern.

This was my first time going with Baja Designs lights. I've had Rigids and of course bought the cheap Chinese lights before on past trucks. Comparing the BD lights to Rigid was crazy. I did not expect such a larger amount of light output from the BD lights. Its awesome. And the BD lights are a much more natural color as they describe on their website. Much less blue and more of a calm white.

I got the lights from Nick at Apollo Optics. He has the full line up. The other two are all Sports and then the Racer set up which is a class higher when it comes to range of the lights provided. I'm completely happy with the kit. It was an easy install, wired right up to the upfitters, all connectors were included and wiring was the correct length. Very simple across the board. If you have a need for lights in the fog area then this is the kit.

Next I'll be going with a 40 inch BD light bar above the cab on a roof rack. I'll be keeping that whole rack removable to allow me to take it off when I don't need it. I'll post more on that later.

Here's a pic of the lights installed.
L5dgXk4.jpg

This is an overhead picture with all the lights on, and my headlights. The lights push out to about 500-600 yards. They do shine off the side of the building at about 600 yards away. It looks like there's a slight dead area past the tall shrubs in the middle but that's due to a downslope in the land. After it levels out the light picks back up. Also they have an incredible light output at close distances of 50-200 yards.
bIs2WQD.jpg

Stay tuned for more and ask any questions you may have. Thanks.

Last edited:

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Glad you're enjoying the lights! Thanks for posting up some pictures.
-Bailey, Baja Designs

Gunnut

Reaction score
To the OP, can you post pictures of the backside of the bumper? I would like to see how much the lights extend towards the tires.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter