2017 M&R Ford Raptor Fog Kit Prototype

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is another customer in Luisiana

Here's a white Raptor from Ohio. I am going to do the wiring tonight, so I will see if I can get some night shots, but here is how they look installed. I will do final aligning when I get them fired up. All said and done, the craftsmanship of the entire assembly is very well done!!!! 100% no regrets on the purchase assuming they light up tonight, which I'm sure they will.

On a side note, has anybody used any kind of removable light filter/diffuser on their fog lights to soften the light output for potential street use? If so, what did you use?

Attachments

• Fogs2.jpg
    Fogs2.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 130
  • Fogs1.jpg
    Fogs1.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 150

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is another customer in Luisiana

Here's a white Raptor from Ohio. I am going to do the wiring tonight, so I will see if I can get some night shots, but here is how they look installed. I will do final aligning when I get them fired up. All said and done, the craftsmanship of the entire assembly is very well done!!!! 100% no regrets on the purchase assuming they light up tonight, which I'm sure they will.

On a side note, has anybody used any kind of removable light filter/diffuser on their fog lights to soften the light output for potential street use? If so, what did you use?

Trying tp post some better pictures, but that obviously didn't go very well, and I can't figure out how to delete the second post. Ughhh!!!!

Attachments

• Fogs2B.jpg
    Fogs2B.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 122
  • Fogs1B.jpg
    Fogs1B.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trying tp post some better pictures, but that obviously didn't go very well, and I can't figure out how to delete the second post. Ughhh!!!!

Here are some night shots ...... the lights look fantastic!!!!! As asked in a prior post, does anybody have a good temporary solution for softening the intensity of the lights so that I can use them for street use, in addition to, offroading? The end caps easily screw off, so I was thinking about window tint, etc...??

Attachments

• FOGS ALL.jpg
    FOGS ALL.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 112
  • FOGS 2 Amber.jpg
    FOGS 2 Amber.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 112
  • FOGS 2 Amber 1 White.jpg
    FOGS 2 Amber 1 White.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
OP
OP
MandR Automotive

MandR Automotive

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I know some people run a pair or two on street and aim them lower but thas not a real solution. I also know there are companies that make dimmer switches that can be used. We are research different lenses.

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
Here are some night shots ...... the lights look fantastic!!!!! As asked in a prior post, does anybody have a good temporary solution for softening the intensity of the lights so that I can use them for street use, in addition to, offroading? The end caps easily screw off, so I was thinking about window tint, etc...??

Got the pics working thatta boy!!! Lights look good man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know some people run a pair or two on street and aim them lower but thas not a real solution. I also know there are companies that make dimmer switches that can be used. We are research different lenses.

To reduce the intensity of the lights so they can be used for street use, I came up with the following solution that seems to be working well enough for the time being until I can come up with something better. All said and done, I cut lens size disks out of a Hefty tall white kitchen garbage bag to use as light filters behind each desired lens (See pics below). You can fold the bag over multiple times to cut numerous disks at the same time. Since the LEDs do not get hot, there are no issues with heat that I have notices so far. As for looks, the only negative is that it makes the clear lights have a white background when not lit, but I am okay with that if I am able to use them. There isn't much of a visual difference for the ambers when not lit. I currently have six disks filtering each light to minimize blinding other drivers, but I could probably get by with fewer. When I get a chance to go offroading, I will just unscrew the lens covers and pull the disks to get the original light output. If somebody comes up with a better solution, definitely let me know.

Attachments

• Daytime Filtered.jpg
    Daytime Filtered.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 73
  • Supplies.jpg
    Supplies.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 65
  • NightFiltered.jpg
    NightFiltered.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

photoneffect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To reduce the intensity of the lights so they can be used for street use, I came up with the following solution that seems to be working well enough for the time being until I can come up with something better. All said and done, I cut lens size disks out of a Hefty tall white kitchen garbage bag to use as light filters behind each desired lens (See pics below). You can fold the bag over multiple times to cut numerous disks at the same time. Since the LEDs do not get hot, there are no issues with heat that I have notices so far. As for looks, the only negative is that it makes the clear lights have a white background when not lit, but I am okay with that if I am able to use them. There isn't much of a visual difference for the ambers when not lit. I currently have six disks filtering each light to minimize blinding other drivers, but I could probably get by with fewer. When I get a chance to go offroading, I will just unscrew the lens covers and pull the disks to get the original light output. If somebody comes up with a better solution, definitely let me know.

Why not get replacement lenses for all 10 and tint them. They can be your "on-road" lenses and then you can keep the "off-road" lenses in the glovebox. Wouldn't mess with the color too much -- just dim them a little depending on the percent tint you used.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why not get replacement lenses for all 10 and tint them. They can be your "on-road" lenses and then you can keep the "off-road" lenses in the glovebox. Wouldn't mess with the color too much -- just dim them a little depending on the percent tint you used.

That is definitely a better solution. M&R ..... how much for additional lenses to do as described above? Any chance you will offer some pre-tinted so we can have a somewhat street legal solution?

OP
OP
MandR Automotive

MandR Automotive

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
They are free just cover few bucks ahipping. Sent me an email with your address and I'll mail you some. Thanks for posting your ideas.

---------- Post added at 11:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

That is definitely a better solution. M&R ..... how much for additional lenses to do as described above? Any chance you will offer some pre-tinted so we can have a somewhat street legal solution?

I can look into it. Maybe we can find and laser cut smoked lenses

---------- Post added at 11:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 AM ----------

http://www.ebay.com/itm/132076879894