GEN 2 What's the story on ADD?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey guys, I had ADD on my previous truck, just front and rear bumpers. I loved them, except the quality of the powder coating wasn't good then. It's apparently better now.

I was rear ended by a Mercedes GL and his car was essentially a write-off. My car barely had a scratch, it was unreal.

So what's the story here, I have seen a few folks bash ADD.. why? Curious what your thoughts are.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

MOLONxLABE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe most of the negative comments about ADD on this forum are due to most of their bumpers being bulkier and thus less offroad capable than some of the more offroad oriented offerings. They also have a tendency to put bigger wheels on their builds. They're viewed as being more about show than go. Not everyone digs the look either.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 12951

I was turned off by their customer service. I ordered a venom bumper for front and rear for a friend. We waited 8 weeks for it. When it arrived, it was the wrong powdercoat. We asked to take it somewhere local to us and they just pay to have it redone. They said no, we will pick it up and send out the correct set. They didn't rush the new set and put us back at the end of the line. They said the couldn't move our order up because other people are waiting on their order. So we waited another 10 weeks for the correct bumpers to finally show up.

Was not happy with ADD after that, think the whole situation was ridiculous, they should of taken care of the situation and got the correct one as soon as possible instead of making us wait nearly 5 months after they had his money.

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I prefer RPG's trophy bumper because I think it's cleaner and lower profile. I have dealt with ADD before though and they were friendly and helpful. I think a lot of people just don't like their style but there are also a lot of people that do.

Raven13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I ordered a customized Venom front bumper and had great service and had it in about 4 1/2 weeks. I don't care for some of the beefier bumpers they make. I believe most of the negative views are because of the price point. Kinda like Yeti coolers, they're good but you can find a less expensive one that's just as good.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ADD make all their bumpers to fit rigid lights only.
So, I ordered a ADD race series bumper and Baja light lights 10/23, was to be a 5-6 week wait for bumper completion. Lights ordered, 1 20in, 1 30in, 2 10in all for the bumper.
ADD said they must have the lights to fit them on the bumper. Ok, I have the lights shipped to ADD.
I get a call 11/13 saying the bumper is done! I think wow ADD bumper finished 3 weeks ahead awesome! I will be ready and waiting for snoball way ahead of time, ya right :(
11/17 Bumper/lights shipped to trick trucks for line-x coating.
Trick Trucks calls me to tell me bumper/lights arrived but I do not get a message, long story cut short 8 days to find bumper/lights.
11/25 bumper/lights found and coating started.
11/30 I pick up bumper/lights
12/1 I try to install lights. The 10in and 20in do not fit. :( :(
Come to find out the 20in was on backorder and never made it to ADD for fitting. and the 10in were never removed for the original shipping package.
How was the bumper made to fit my light when ADD did not have the 20in and never removed the 10's from the package??
Turns out that the 30 was the only light that fit but it was not made to fit the Baja light just fit.
Call ADD the are doing everything they can it seems to help me out, shipping me new brackets.
SO, here I sit with a bumper that I need to remove some(not all) of the line-x coating, grind the brackets to fit the 10in light and make new brackets for the 20in to fit and weld them on.
ITS 12/18 and still, no brackets.
I had a crap dealing with them I will say they did work with me to resolve my problems but all the problems could have been avoided if they did what they told me ther were going to do. I would buy another bumper from them but I would only pay half until I got the bumper and inspected it.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
They're just not my style. I had an old Stealth on mine for a long time. That thing was built like a tank and the powdercoat wasn't too bad. I had a few rust spots but nothing serious. I beat the hell out of it and it was still in relatively good shape and had lots of life in it.

I just hated the underbite look that it gave the truck. They've always been friendly with me any time I've had a question as well.

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They're in the same league as Fab Four IMO way too bro and don't add any functionality. They're also outrageously priced compared to better offerings. I looked at them initially but after doing research found I could have a better more functional bumper at half the cost. Jared the owner is a liar also tries to make shit up on FB all the time to scare people into buying his stuff.

Example which is completely false. I checked with DMV and CHP to prove him wrong. He said in CA if you get a frame cut bumper you have to register your vehicle as salvaged. I asked him to site his source and he wouldn't.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 12951

I think any vendor's customer service can be friendly, nice and helpful when everything on an order goes right. Where a vendor shines is how the customer service handles it when things go wrong. ADD sometimes forgets why they exist for the customer and who is actually paying for the paycheck not to bounce. I've had practically every vendor make some type of mistake but some understand the value of the customer and some don't get it.

I figure its one of the pitfalls of success. You get so much volume and always busy that a customer with an issue is a nuisance to your job and forget they are the reason you even have a job.