GEN 2 Struggle is real! Can’t decide on wheels and tires!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I narrowed it down to the Rotiform SIX black wheels. Can’t decide if I want to go 17” or 20”....struggle for sure[emoji6]

I ran 18” method nv on my 14 with 325/60/18 BFGKo2 and took a ton of weight to balance.

Tire options: 35x12.5 17 or 20
Toyo MT
Toyo RT
NITTO RIDGE GRAPPLERS
BFG KO2

I like the road manners of the KO2 but they don’t rotate and balance well in my experience.

This is my daily driver so 90% on road and we get a good amount of snow.

Most off roading is for hunting and annual trip to Canada for a week of hiking and camping can get caught in some pretty gnarly stuff pending rain and snow amounts.

Help I’m going crazy with wheel size, weight, road noise, off-road, tread life, amount of weight to balance, all these damn tire options![emoji23][emoji15][emoji51][emoji15][emoji23]

Help!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

tcm glx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go KO2 in 17... buy them at a Discount Tire for the balancing issues. Will weigh less than the 20”

A few folks had balancing issues with the very first production runs of the
KO2.

OP
OP
brettmess24

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go KO2 in 17... buy them at a Discount Tire for the balancing issues. Will weigh less than the 20”

A few folks had balancing issues with the very first production runs of the
KO2.

I would just keep my stock ones that came on it then and order 5 Rotiforms in 17”.

Thanks for he vote[emoji1303]

Clockton Those innov8’s look nice too!

Last edited:
OP
OP
brettmess24

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bit the bullet and ordered the Rotiform wheels in 20” going against my usual 18” Methods with my gen1 raptors. Wrapping them in 35x12.5-20 Nitto Ridge Grappler. Ordered from customwheels4u can’t wait for them to arrive!

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Keep the 17"'s....20" wheels are for hunting in the mall, not the woods...

Innov8"s?....I think they are one of the hottest looking wheels right now..BUT most guys don't need or want real bead lock wheels...Did I mention they run about $800 each?

Tires?...no perfect answer here...The tire you need for your hunting trip is one thing, but the other 99% DD needs are another.
I don't like MT type tires for a DD, they ride rough, are loud and handle weird when they get some miles on them, which they do quick as most don't get the life of a AT tire..

I'm a big fan of AT tires and think the BFG is pretty good all around along with the Toyo AT...my present tires on my 2wd pre-runner (also a DD) are the Nitto Tera Grapplers which work real good, are smooth and nice riding, but a little short on grip as opposed to other mentioned AT tires...

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Innov8"s?....I think they are one of the hottest looking wheels right now..BUT most guys don't need or want real bead lock wheels...Did I mention they run about $800 each?

$800 seems high is that MSRP with a custom finish. We're definitely less than that. And good news for most guys, non beadlocks are being cut. We have one set shipping today and another at anodize due to be finished next week. So if you or anyone else wants the Innov8's we can definitely do them at a price much better than $800 each.

Attachments

• non bl 2.png
    non bl 2.png
    508.7 KB · Views: 81
  • non bl.png
    non bl.png
    447.4 KB · Views: 76

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Forged wheels seem like overkill

I guess that is one way to look at it. Then again the Raptor is overkill for a lot a people including myself but I don't think I'd want any other truck. I could probably get away with an extra cab 2wd F150 with a NA V6 but what's the fun in that lol?

Blkz06

Reaction score
Bit the bullet and ordered the Rotiform wheels in 20” going against my usual 18” Methods with my gen1 raptors. Wrapping them in 35x12.5-20 Nitto Ridge Grappler. Ordered from customwheels4u can’t wait for them to arrive!

I would love to see some pics when you get them on.