Installed Bakflip MX4 - love this thing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Carnut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a vinyl roll up Tuxedo cover and really hate the way it flops around in the wind. That said, I regularly have a dirt bike or two in the bed and covers like the backflip seem like they’d be in the way. With the 5.5’ bed I need all of it with the front wheels up against the front of the bed. ESP if I’m hauling just one bike bc it fits with the tailgate closed if loaded at an angle.

tmd11111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a vinyl roll up Tuxedo cover and really hate the way it flops around in the wind. That said, I regularly have a dirt bike or two in the bed and covers like the backflip seem like they’d be in the way. With the 5.5’ bed I need all of it with the front wheels up against the front of the bed. ESP if I’m hauling just one bike bc it fits with the tailgate closed if loaded at an angle.

My dirt bike load just fine with the backflip. Tired will hit the front of the bed before they touch the cover when it’s folded up.

gatorbait2001

Reaction score
The BAKFLIP website is doing the MX4 for $725 w/ free shipping, just ordered one... I just asked them for the FordRaptorForum discount and they were great.

ABP

Reaction score
I just called Backflip.com and ordered the F1 cover. The F1 is one step above the Mx4. The difference being the F1 is fiberglass vs aluminum. Both are great but the aluminum cover can dent very easy. Especially with small hail that doesn't even damage your truck. Anyone wanting the F1 just call 855-294-1351ask for Wayne S and tell him you are a member of the fordraptorforum The F1 was $815.90 shipped.

Zach.RealTruck

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I just called Backflip.com and ordered the F1 cover. The F1 is one step above the Mx4. The difference being the F1 is fiberglass vs aluminum. Both are great but the aluminum cover can dent very easy. Especially with small hail that doesn't even damage your truck. Anyone wanting the F1 just call 855-294-1351ask for Wayne S and tell him you are a member of the fordraptorforum The F1 was $815.90 shipped.

Wayne is a great guy! Love working with him. If you have any questions feel free to reach out to either of us.

BigCSS78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought my truck yesterday and am shopping for a cover currently. Any deals being offered now?