GEN 2 Front Bumper Insert

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How is this removed? I need to take this off to install a left side front license plate mount. I'm hoping I don't have to remove the whole bumper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
H

Hal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It just pulls off from the front.

That's good news. I was hoping so. I gave a few firm tugs the other day and it didn't budge. Got nervous there were bolts somewhere on the other end and didn't want to break it.

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
That's good news. I was hoping so. I gave a few firm tugs the other day and it didn't budge. Got nervous there were bolts somewhere on the other end and didn't want to break it.

I read a write up on here about the removal. If I remember correctly they started in the middle and worked out. I do remember it saying it took a firm tug.

Mkarban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just removed it today. Start in the middle and work out to the ends. They are just metal V clips for retention. They do lose their retention once removed. I'm trying to find replacement clips but no one has them, including Ford. Hopefully someone can provide a lead for new clips.

OP
OP
H

Hal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just removed it today. Start in the middle and work out to the ends. They are just metal V clips for retention. They do lose their retention once removed. I'm trying to find replacement clips but no one has them, including Ford. Hopefully someone can provide a lead for new clips.

Let me know if you find them. I don't want to pull it off if I can't get it back on, but I need to mount a front license plate to the left side and I can't do it properly without removing the insert.

Does anyone know if there's anything behind the left side? I know the right has adaptive cruise control. Wonder if it's safe to drill the right while it's attached. Maybe I can pop rivet the bracket on.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anyone know the part# for the bumper insert. I drilled holes in mine for my license plate. I want to buy another one, just to have a new one on hand.