Electric Running Boards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Increased rock chips without running factory fixed running boards so plan on clear bra or even line x for the bottom of the doors and leading edge of the bed. Also one more thing to fail over time

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
AMP is the way to go, but I wouldn't do it on a Raptor. By buddy has them on his massively lifted trucks and they work great (except for when they break). But those things never see dirt.

I'll be adding actual rock sliders soon, but they'll still be about the size/height of the factory steps.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
One thing to consider with the stock boards is they will keep you from getting door dings from any vehicle that sits lower than you, since they stick out a little farther than the door people's doors will hit your running boards.

chuckulls

Reaction score
I had the deploy-able running boards on my 2012 SCREW HD edition. I live in NYC area when they got loaded with ice and snow they would hang up until I cleared them off. In 5 years of consistent in and out of of my seat due to local driving they never failed. I never even sprayed them with any type of lubrication. The motors are sealed for the most part. I will be installing a set of the AMP boards (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKdHy7u-GoE) them on my Gen2 as soon as it comes in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbX1O03-tiM

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Honestly theyre better suited for a Limited, Platty or Denali etc.

Its very likely theyll get damaged playing in the dirt.

My friends 2015 auto boards already took a dump. Under warranty but still a pain. The point is how many times do you open and close your doors....

Your truck though.

I don't see much likelihood of damaging them in the dirt. It's possible but not likely (how many of you damage your factory boards off road?).

The real issue as I see it is their inability to protect the truck's sides and area below the sides from rocks, gravel and sand that is sprayed up into the Raptor. The factory boards do an outstanding job of protecting the Raptor's sides and under-sides. I'd keep them for sure.

Re: AMP Research PowerSteps, AMP is a LUND International company (as is Bushwacker and a number of other companies). AMP Research does NOT make most/all of the power boards that come from the factories on new trucks and SUVs. They are made by Magna and others under license by AMP. Their designs and parts are NOT THE SAME as AMP Research's PowerSteps.

You can get factory power boards for less than AMP's PowerSteps but you won't be getting AMP's quality even if AMP is involved (only as a licensor of the product which is patented by them).