Bring back the hood vents

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mogo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Title.

I think the dual hood vents are a nice design cue and make the current truck instantly recognizable. I would prefer if they came back rather than a single giant vent that's hard to notice in the middle right up against the windshield.

Pretty much my only sticking point with the design as presented so far. I don't even mind the ridiculous tailgate (which sounds like it may be optional anyway).

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What he said^. I highly doubt that Ford would put a hood on the Raptor which looks like it came off of a GMC Dura max. This was a teaser, it was meant to get people talking about the new Raptor. No one will know for sure until it hits the dealers lot. Even then, things like Hp and torque can still be adjusted.

Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What he said^. I highly doubt that Ford would put a hood on the Raptor which looks like it came off of a GMC Dura max. This was a teaser, it was meant to get people talking about the new Raptor. No one will know for sure until it hits the dealers lot. Even then, things like Hp and torque can still be adjusted.

The GMC dura max was the first thing that come to my mind as well. The clamshell hood and smooth sheet metal on the front and back quarter panels are gone as well. I do not like the flat ridges near the top of the quarterpanels. I know they had to change something, but I do not like all the angular lines.

IN the HP and torque department, it seems like the Gen I Raptor with Roush would hold it's own against the turbo'ed Gen II. I am asking because I don't know here, but is it best to have a normally aspirated engine when running hard off road? Would the turbo, and to a lesser extent, a Supercharger, get to hot if you are constantly on and off the gas, especially in sand?

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The GMC dura max was the first thing that come to my mind as well. The clamshell hood and smooth sheet metal on the front and back quarter panels are gone as well. I do not like the flat ridges near the top of the quarterpanels. I know they had to change something, but I do not like all the angular lines.

IN the HP and torque department, it seems like the Gen I Raptor with Roush would hold it's own against the turbo'ed Gen II. I am asking because I don't know here, but is it best to have a normally aspirated engine when running hard off road? Would the turbo, and to a lesser extent, a Supercharger, get to hot if you are constantly on and off the gas, especially in sand?

Yes they get hot. However the EB uses liquid cooled turbo's. The standard 3.5EB uses this also. Compared to traditional turbo's that are oil cooled.