Brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You are wasting your money on rotors (unless they are worn and need to be replaced). Just do pads, lines and good fluid if no BBK.

MurMech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone upgraded yet? The brakes on the raptor could use some upgrades.

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was shocked for did not upgrade the brakes for the 2019. I know they read these forums. We have a great truck, now give us great brakes please.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was shocked for did not upgrade the brakes for the 2019. I know they read these forums. We have a great truck, now give us great brakes please.

It's not a tow truck and it's not a track truck. Given the limits of adhesion in the dirt, Ford is unlikely to ever significantly increase the capacity of the stock brakes, at least until the new motor comes long (which will be far above the 6.2/3.5 power levels).

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truckzor, I understand where your coming from. But just for on the road would be nice. Its a performance truck for the dirt first and foremost. It would not be to much for ford to upgrade the brakes though. Time will tell.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Truckzor, I understand where your coming from. But just for on the road would be nice. Its a performance truck for the dirt first and foremost. It would not be to much for ford to upgrade the brakes though. Time will tell.

I don't disagree about the brakes. I have a full set of RPG/Baers waiting to be installed, myself.