Air Compress and Tank

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
To power these babies and still able to air up and run pretty much any tool with this pump. I know it takes some bed space not for everyone, but no way the tank and the pump are exposed to water, grime, debris, and compromising undercarriage space...
airhorns 003.jpg

airhorns 004.jpg

airhorns 001.jpg

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No way I'm going to put an air tank in the bed of my truck. Instead I'd much rather put a CO2 tank in there. Much faster and there are nice brackets that will hold it securely in there. And you can have the tank painted to match. No compressor will fill up tires as fast as a CO2 tank. And most good compressors cost a lot more than a CO2 tank unless you waste your money on a PowerTank (way over priced).

Tex-R1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No way I'm going to put an air tank in the bed of my truck. Instead I'd much rather put a CO2 tank in there. Much faster and there are nice brackets that will hold it securely in there. And you can have the tank painted to match. No compressor will fill up tires as fast as a CO2 tank. And most good compressors cost a lot more than a CO2 tank unless you waste your money on a PowerTank (way over priced).
Yes, I agree that was my way I was going to do it.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score

racerjb

Reaction score
racerjb - Looks awesome. How did you mount it to the box link system? Removable?

Thanks..yes just mounted it to the box link plate...However, now I would probably consider the Built Right Industries bed mount things and bolt it that instead...

nah_tan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I mounted a compressor under the right fender as there is ALOT of room under there and shielded from the environment with the OEM skirts.

My compressor is for Airbags so it doesnt have a tank however there was ALOT of space there. Challenging to drop the skirt off (about an hr on/off) but your real close to the Upfitter connections at the top of the fender.

Could you do me a favor @Renomaan and post a pic of it mounted in the fender? How did you physically attach it to the truck?