37's on OEM Tires (2017 or 2018 Gen 2) Anyone?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tlh235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently saw a youtube video where someone put 37 inch tires on thier OEM black beadlock cabable wheels(these are the wheels i have on my 2018 Scab). I currently am planning on putting new Geiser Springs(front) and +3 Deavers(back) with the 37's coming in the future. The Springs and Deavers are currently shipping to my local shop. For now, i have no issues with the current stylings of my black beadlock capable wheels and am kinda a fan of the 17inch wheel that allows for more tire show. Now my questions for the more mechanical minded here...do you think this is really an option or a probably future mechnical mistake for the person who did this already. I'm not gonna be desert running the raptor or beating it in the wilderness. Mostly a daily driver. If i can get away with not having to replace the wheels in order to go a little bigger on the tire, i'd like to save that money and hopefully put it towards an upgraded intercooler since i have the MPT tune.

Just looking for advice and maybe a couple others who have done the 37's on OEM 17 inch wheels.

OP
OP
T

Tlh235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The tire will fit your factory wheels just fine. You may have some trimming to do to keep them from rubbing.

Do you see them rubbing via normal pavement road driving or would they only rub when wheeling the vehicle?

RaptorFlipper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The tires will fit on the rims no problem. Have 37's on my 13 and am in the process of putting 17 method rims on nitto ridge grappler 37's. The rim should have little effect. I too like to see more tire. My tire guy says no trimming on the back and light(plastic only) trimming on the front. I should have it in a few days and can post pics. I have had 37's on my 13 from the start and had 1 incident of rubbing in 5 years when I jumped a train track that had a steep incline. And I do some medium off roading. Are you keeping the factory bumper?

OP
OP
T

Tlh235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The tires will fit on the rims no problem. Have 37's on my 13 and am in the process of putting 17 method rims on nitto ridge grappler 37's. The rim should have little effect. I too like to see more tire. My tire guy says no trimming on the back and light(plastic only) trimming on the front. I should have it in a few days and can post pics. I have had 37's on my 13 from the start and had 1 incident of rubbing in 5 years when I jumped a train track that had a steep incline. And I do some medium off roading. Are you keeping the factory bumper?

Was planning on keeping factory bumper. Do you have the springs and +3 deavers on your truck? I thought that springs and deavers might keep me from having to trim anything...but I guess its not really a "height thing".

RaptorFlipper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I have ADD bumper which has better clearance. I did not need springs and deavers according to my guy. I think you need height in the front, but not the back. This is coming from 2 trusted sources, but I have not seen the truck yet. I wanted as much of the well full of tire as possible and as little lift as possible. I did get some type of icon front spring spacer. Let me go see what that was. Again my mechanic has been coordinating the tire set up with my manager buddy at discount tire so I am not totally sure. Not helpful, sorry.

OP
OP
T

Tlh235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
gotcha...well i'm getting the Geiser Springs(front) and +3 Deavers(back)...i'm guessing that should be good for the 37's when i eventually move to them. My biggest question was whether i could get 37's onto my current OEM black wheels. It seems like i can...so for now, I'm good. Look forward to seeing some pics of your outcome. Thanks again for the replies!!!