GEN 2 PRNDM console lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

prowakeskater

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The horizontal grey trim (along the shifter etc) is clipped in the vertical grey trim (along the media stuff and vents). Make sure to pull it (the horizontal part)back towards the rear of the truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mine seems to have some vertical clip on the front sections next to the climate controls as well. pulling back did not release them

Animal

Reaction score
Howdy all, first post here, just joined the forum. My 2018 SCREW 802A / tech pkg does not light up the console PRNDM. I have not had the console apart yet (only had the truck 5 days) but it will be coming apart this weekend for a radio install.

Reading this thread let me see if I have this right.

So far no responders with 2018 802A have these lights, while one responder with 2017 802A has them.

Is that right? If so that seems unlikely to be a mistake, or if it is it is a long running one.

T!

(edit) I see that SilverBolt has an '18 802A that does have the lights. SilverBolt, do you have the tech package?
I have a 2018 802A with the tech package...no lights

Notty

Reaction score
Wow. Glad to know I wasn't going crazy. We just picked up our 2018 802A w/tech package and I was confused why the console PRNDM area didn't light up. I found it odd but thought maybe it was just something they did away with for some weird reason. I guess I'll bring it up next time at the dealer just to get it documented and see what they say. I Am not too concerned with it honestly, but it strange.

NHbeast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took mine apart yesterday. Found a white plug and nothing around to plug into it. Looked at the backside of PRNDM and there was nothing that looked like a light on the inside.

Looked at any fiche available online and found nothing.
Went to Ford today. They say there should be something there. A $20 pigtail with a lamp attached.
Part is ordered and Ford dealer says they will put in in no charge.

FWIW My build date was 5/2/18. Mine has the metal oil pan with a relocated drain close to the right front tire. Also, the oil filter is accessed by ripping off non-reusable clips, no bolts anymore. They go for $2+ per clip. Four needed

Edit...the red is all wrong, no clips, a different panel. My bad.

Last edited:

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took mine apart yesterday. Found a white plug and nothing around to plug into it. Looked at the backside of PRNDM and there was nothing that looked like a light on the inside.

Went to Ford today. They say there should be something there. A $20 pigtail with a lamp attached.

FWIW My build date was 5/2/18. Mine has the metal oil pan with a relocated drain close to the right front tire. Also, the oil filter is accessed by ripping off non-reusable clips, no bolts anymore. They go for $2+ per clip. Four needed

Glad to hear the dealer is willing to add the PRNDM lamp. I'm gonna ask my dealer if they'll do the same.

OriginalToken

Full Access Member
Reaction score

It seems very likely that there is not supposed to be anything there. It appears this might be a factory change from many months back, an intentional change. It is really unlikely that as many as have been made sans lights, for as long as it has gone on, would not be an accident.

Essentially every new Raptor I have looked at on lots since sometime in April has not had these lights. So far I have personally looked at over 20 that do not have the lights. Seems like a long time for an error.

It makes sense that the plug would still be there, the harness probably applies to many different trim levels, some of which may have the lights.

But hay, if you can get the dealer to add them, more power to you. One person who tried to add them found there were no clips present to mount the lights, and they had to be hot glued in. That is not how the factory would do it.

T!

NHbeast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's been over a month and, no call from the Ford dealer.
The PRNDM light must not apply to the 2018 models.
I wonder if that plug has power?
Will not be taking mine apart again to find out!