GEN 2 PRNDM console lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Heeblet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same issue... Service department requested a part that has been on back order now for about two months... Im still waiting... 2018 supercab 802a

Finallly some helpful info. Thank you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Onemoosehorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same issue... Service department requested a part that has been on back order now for about two months... Im still waiting... 2018 supercab 802a

My 18 does not light up either. Care to share the info on the part you need to fix it? Headed to the dealer sat about the issue.

Robtor310

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I wasnt even thinking of these lights until I saw this thread. I realized mine were not on so I decided to see whats up. I make a conscious effort to avoid the dealer at all costs.

I pulled the grey plastic trim starting right under the console lid and snapped it out. The whole trim snaps out kinda easy but just finesse it. Under that you will see that the cup holder/gear indicator trim is secured by two T20 screws in the center. Remove those and snap it out.

This let me lift up on it enough to access the plug that lights up the indicator and wuddya know. An empty female plug. The male part of the plug was just sitting there at the bottom. Plugged in and done deal.
Took about 10 mins. Hope this was the issue for everyone else.

yBClKEY.jpg
After pulling the grey trim, remove these two T20's to unsnap this piece and access the plug (two screws between cup holder and shifter already removed)

e9bXQ5n.jpg
Here you can see the female plug with the white tag on it and the male that I picked up off the bottom and kinda propped up for the photo.

Last edited:

Onemoosehorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I wasnt even thinking of these lights until I saw this thread. I realized mine were not on so I decided to see whats up. I make a conscious effort to avoid the dealer at all costs.

I pulled the grey plastic trim starting right under the console lid and snapped it out. The whole trim snaps out kinda easy but just finesse it. Under that you will see that the cup holder/gear indicator trim is secured by two T20 screws in the center. Remove those and snap it out.

This let me lift up on it enough to access the plug that lights up the indicator and wuddya know. An empty female plug. The male part of the plug was just sitting there at the bottom. Plugged in and done deal.

yBClKEY.jpg
After pulling the grey trim, remove these two T20's to unsnap this piece and access the plug (two screws between cup holder and shifter already removed)

e9bXQ5n.jpg
Here you can see the female plug with the white tag on it and the male that I picked up off the bottom and kinda propped up for the photo.

Great find!! I’ll look at my tuck and see if it’s the same issue. Thanks

CROOKS

Full Access Member
Reaction score

yBClKEY.jpg

e9bXQ5n.jpg

I dont think you have to do all that to reach the plug. I replaced my shift lever with the carbon one and plugged mine in through the shift boot.

Look for a thread on how to replace that. Its way easier and takes 2 min.