Need help from someone with a 2017 with Ambient lighting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gijosh28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can someone with a 2017 that has ambient lighting check a few things out for me. I need to know exactly which lights change colors. The three I am most interested in are the ones in the door panels, the little square around the USB block, and the one in the compartment where the USB block is.

Are there any others that change?

I have the two under the drivers and passengers seat, and the two in the front foot wells, and the one in the glove box, and the one in the cup holder. Am I missing anything else?

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
The USB and the change light in that compartment stay blue and do not change;

Lights that Change:
Cup holders in center, front door handle and space bellow, footwell, back doors, handle and space bellow again, under driver and passenger front seats, and the space above the glove box.

Also no mater what color you have chosen, when you open the doors the LED's change red to show for visibility at night which I thought was pretty cool.
Good luck.

OP
OP
G

gijosh28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The USB and the change light in that compartment stay blue and do not change;

Lights that Change:
Cup holders in center, front door handle and space bellow, footwell, back doors, handle and space bellow again, under driver and passenger front seats, and the space above the glove box.

Also no mater what color you have chosen, when you open the doors the LED's change red to show for visibility at night which I thought was pretty cool.
Good luck.

I think I found in forscan the color change door thing. Does having one door open make just that door red, or all the doors red? I've got to figure out the door led part numbers from the 2017.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
Just the door that is opened changes. Also I noticed that when the truck is shut off the lights go back to blue.

OP
OP
G

gijosh28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish I could make these ambient lights brighter. They are not very bright. I might look into replacing the led itself. let me get it working, then I will mess with it.

OP
OP
G

gijosh28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I messed with brightness a little. If you take the little light stick out of the front lights, they get dimmer, because of the housing. So then I put the little stick back in and tried adding an aluminum foil (shiny side) backing to the housing, which did improve it a little, but not enough. Then I took the led (circuit board) out of the housing and taped it to the outside of the housing, and now, believe it or not, it is too bright. I will continue to play with it, and when I get it all right, I will do some kind of write-up in case anyone is interested. I need to figure out if the circuit board gets hot because that will impact how I mount it.

On the backseat lighting (mounted under front seats), I drilled a hole in the cover of the LED encasements, and that improved light a little bit. I probably will not take the back seat lighting much further than that.

More to follow.