Help with installation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

butts182

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought the carbon fiber Sync cover (the sliding part right in front of the gear shifter). Does anyone know the best way to install this piece?

Ruby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Super easy. I just did mine.

1: open the center console
2: set EBrake and place shifter in N to give yourself some room infront
3 Starting from the rear (where the center console closes) pull up on the big piece of trim that surrounds the cupholders and gear shifter. Once the rear portion is popped up completely, pull rearward and remove the entire piece.
4: There are two Torx screws holding the sync door assembly in. Remove the two screws and carefully start to remove the assembly. You may have to remove the two additional torx screws between the shifter and cupholders and pop that panel up too to allow extra room.
5: There is a small switch and wire located on the rear portion of the sync door assembly that will prohibit you from removing it until you unclip the switch assembly. Just pop it off.

6: re assemble

Pankster

Reaction score
Super easy. I just did mine.

1: open the center console
2: set EBrake and place shifter in N to give yourself some room infront
3 Starting from the rear (where the center console closes) pull up on the big piece of trim that surrounds the cupholders and gear shifter. Once the rear portion is popped up completely, pull rearward and remove the entire piece.
4: There are two Torx screws holding the sync door assembly in. Remove the two screws and carefully start to remove the assembly. You may have to remove the two additional torx screws between the shifter and cupholders and pop that panel up too to allow extra room.
5: There is a small switch and wire located on the rear portion of the sync door assembly that will prohibit you from removing it until you unclip the switch assembly. Just pop it off.

6: re assemble

Thanks for taking the time and posting this.....it helped me out a lot