Gun holders

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Good points Ruger.

Where I come from, and I can speak for both Alabama and Nevada which are both open carry states, it is considered by LEOs to be s technical foul if you don't inform them that you're armed. Why? Because, the LEO has every right and every intention to go home whole and safe to his family at the end of his shift. That is his mindset, by the way. So if you're armed and you don't tell him, regardless of what the laws of your state require, what does it tell him? It tells him that you intended to keep your firearm a secret from him. And what might that lead him to conclude?

You don't want him to go that way! You don't want him to EVER wonder whether you might be a threat to him. You want him to know for certain that you are no threat to him going home safely at the end of his shift. You do that by communicating honestly with him. One very good way to do that is to present your CCW at the same time that you present your driver's license.

And I will counter with my mindset is to 100% ensure that I go home safely with or to my family regardless of the concerns of the revenuers. So long as our interests don’t collide, everyone goes home happy. This mindset is not unique to LE, but it is not the exclusive domain of LE to put their safety above anyone else’s safety absent a criminal act putting someone in jeopardy. Traffic stops are not this, and in point of fact, north of 99% of traffic stops are forced encounters by LE for the sole purpose of either a routine traffic infraction or following a vehicle to induce a stop. The average person can’t drive 10 miles without committing a traffic infraction.

Some of my closest friends in this world are active and retired cops. I don’t begrudge LE anything provided they’re not expecting some special privilege as a result of wearing the uniform. They have earned respect and a fair shake for their profession, but not more than a fair shake.

I’ve said before and reiterate if put in that situation <knock wood, not had that opportunity of late> unless it’s obvious I shouldn’t, I’m going to politely disclose when i ask for my warning, as I always appreciated that respect on duty, so I figure they will too.

anyway, I just thought of this in another thread, and I’m thinking i can fit either a folder, SBS or separated AR halves behind the driver’s seat of the 802a.
out of sight, but not terribly secure... maybe with a locking rack?

hmm...

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@smurfslayer, I have a locking box under the right rear seat of my GEN1 that's absolutely perfect for making a long gun secure. It's made by Tuffy, and with the seat down in the normal position you can't see it by looking in through the windows. You might check and see if they've engineered one for your rig.