Ambient lighting question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PhilZx6

Reaction score
I'm changing all the ambient lighting on my 18 and I was wondering where the plug is located for the one on the dash. I popped the light itself out but I would rather not start tearing apart my brand new truck to go searching for it if someone else has already done it and knows the location. Thank you

Gil Faizon

Reaction score
I'm changing all the ambient lighting on my 18 and I was wondering where the plug is located for the one on the dash. I popped the light itself out but I would rather not start tearing apart my brand new truck to go searching for it if someone else has already done it and knows the location. Thank you

Changing to what?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gijosh28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Subscribed.

Are you going to need to change a controller somewhere also? Is it working through the Sync, or are you doing something else?

atomic80

Reaction score
I changed them all to color changing. The plug was behind the glove box.

Do you mind sharing the parts numbers for all the color LED modules from the '17 that you're going to put in yours? I wanted to confirm that I have all of them correct. So far I have these part numbers:

FL3Z-14A411-F OEM Ford Part Number FL3Z-14A411-F JUMPER WIRING1 $13.33
FL3Z-14A318-Q OEM Ford Part Number FL3Z-14A318-Q WIRE ASY1 $16.50
FL3Z-14A318-R OEM Ford Part Number FL3Z-14A318-R WIRING ASY - INTERIOR LAMP1 $8.96
FL3Z-14A318-L OEM Ford Part Number FL3Z-14A318-L WIRING ASY - INTERIOR LAMP1 $11.24
FL3Z-14A318-N OEM Ford Part Number FL3Z-14A318-N WIRING ASY - INTERIOR LAMP1 $7.86

I'm also told that there may be an extra light module for the cupholders since I don't think the '17 have lighted cupholders.

I also got this but I haven't confirmed if these are the correct LED parts for the cupholders:

Correct cupholder Ford Part Number
FA1Z-14A318-K
HC3Z-14A318-E

---------- Post added at 09:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 AM ----------

Subscribed.

Are you going to need to change a controller somewhere also? Is it working through the Sync, or are you doing something else?

I'm told that you have to make this change using the FORSCAN for the ambient color option to show up.

"7D0-01-02. xxxxB-xxxx-xxxx was the change I made. I reset the module back to factory as of now."

I played with it in a friend's '17 Raptor and it's pretty cool...would like to get this in my '18.

Last edited:

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
Are you saying that the 18's do not have changeable ambient lighting? I thought you were adding more colors/the ability to have different colors at different places at the same time. But you are just adding it completely?

gijosh28

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Do you mind sharing the parts numbers for all the color LED modules from the '17 that you're going to put in yours? I wanted to confirm that I have all of them correct. So far I have these part numbers:

FL3Z-14A411-F OEM Ford Part Number FL3Z-14A411-F JUMPER WIRING1 $13.33
FL3Z-14A318-Q OEM Ford Part Number FL3Z-14A318-Q WIRE ASY1 $16.50
FL3Z-14A318-R OEM Ford Part Number FL3Z-14A318-R WIRING ASY - INTERIOR LAMP1 $8.96
FL3Z-14A318-L OEM Ford Part Number FL3Z-14A318-L WIRING ASY - INTERIOR LAMP1 $11.24
FL3Z-14A318-N OEM Ford Part Number FL3Z-14A318-N WIRING ASY - INTERIOR LAMP1 $7.86

I'm also told that there may be an extra light module for the cupholders since I don't think the '17 have lighted cupholders.

I also got this but I haven't confirmed if these are the correct LED parts for the cupholders:

Correct cupholder Ford Part Number
FA1Z-14A318-K
HC3Z-14A318-E

---------- Post added at 09:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 AM ----------

I'm told that you have to make this change using the FORSCAN for the ambient color option to show up.

"7D0-01-02. xxxxB-xxxx-xxxx was the change I made. I reset the module back to factory as of now."

I played with it in a friend's '17 Raptor and it's pretty cool...would like to get this in my '18.

So what you two are saying is, all I need to do is change the LEDs with the parts above, and enable it in the APIM on ForScan and it will work? I'm all in if that's the case. Do either of you have this working already? How hard was it to do? Tips?

atomic80

Reaction score
Are you saying that the 18's do not have changeable ambient lighting? I thought you were adding more colors/the ability to have different colors at different places at the same time. But you are just adding it completely?

Yeah for some reason Ford removed the ability to change the color of the ambient lighting in the 2018 Raptors. No idea why they'd do that.

So what you two are saying is, all I need to do is change the LEDs with the parts above, and enable it in the APIM on ForScan and it will work? I'm all in if that's the case. Do either of you have this working already? How hard was it to do? Tips?

That's what I found...I haven't tested it yet since I haven't gotten full confirmation on all the parts needed.