Are there any good 36x12.5x17 tires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I want to level my new Gen 2 and go with a larger tire. I have read the posts on 37s where there is rubbing on leveled Raptors, so I am wondering if anyone has tried a 36" tire or even if there are 36" tires available.

Last edited:

FordraptorHero

Reaction score
The bfg k02 37 x 12.50 r17 is 36.3 inches in diameter also pretty sure they make a Toyo mt in a 36 x 18 that has a bit more width to it

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I want to level my new Gen 2 and go with a larger tire. I have read the posts on 37s where there is rubbing on leveled rRptors, so I am wondering if anyone has tried a 36" tire or even if there are 36" tires available.

Only one I've seen is from Toyo but only offered for 18" wheels. It's a good look but those Toyo's are heavy

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f25/toyo-m-t-315-70r18-40214/

Let me know if you need a package price with the Toyo's

OP
OP
TXRaptor

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Last edited:

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
What is the weight of Nitto Trail Grapplers in 35x12.5x17 vs the equivalent Toyo MTs? Also, are they both the same height? (ie. 34.5"?)

Seeing as both tires are built by Toyo they share a lot of similarities. Both are 34.8" tall and weigh roughly 79lbs. 14lbs more than OEM. The Toyo does have a slightly higher load index, not that it matters for a Raptor.

OP
OP
TXRaptor

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Seeing as both tires are built by Toyo they share a lot of similarities. Both are 34.8" tall and weigh roughly 79lbs. 14lbs more than OEM. The Toyo does have a slightly higher load index, not that it matters for a Raptor.

I had Toyo MT's on my lifted Lariat FX4, but I did not realize how heavy they were over the factory OEMs. What lighter tire options are available in the same size for the Raptor?

Also, how much do the original Method Race series weigh vs the Gen 2 OEM non-beadlocks?

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I had Toyo MT's on my lifted Lariat FX4, but I did not realize how heavy they were over the factory OEMs. What lighter tire options are available in the same size for the Raptor?

Also, how much do the original Method Race series weigh vs the Gen 2 OEM non-beadlocks?

Most MT's are heavier than OEM AT's. The lightest MT I've seen is 66lbs and that's the Cooper STT Pro.

If by original Method you're talking about the Standard MR301 that wheel only weighs 26lbs vs 32lbs for OEM

OP
OP
TXRaptor

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes, I meant the MR301s.

How much do the new General Grabbers weigh and can they be bought without the Red Letters? In the picture below, he has them mounted with the red letters in and I do NOT want to do that...

Attachments

• General Grabbers.jpg
    General Grabbers.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 54

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yes, I meant the MR301s.

How much do the new General Grabbers weigh and can they be bought without the Red Letters? In the picture below, he has them mounted with the red letters in and I do NOT want to do that...

Grabber X3's are 79lbs per tire. They do sell them with the black wall only. It's actually priced better than the red letters

OP
OP
TXRaptor

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OK, Wow! The Grabber X3s weigh the same as the rest of the MTs. How do they compare sound-wise and mileage-wise to the Toyo MTs?

Also, how much do the normal Grabbers weigh in the same size?