GEN 2 Shop to install Icon attitude leveling kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Started out with it stock.
tebMBeN.jpg
BtpkYFh.jpg

Pulled out the shock.
c9cSdMc.jpg
lE9IHRS.jpg

Installed Icon at 2.25
wropJpI.jpg
b8bdCNJ.jpg

It was a little nose high for my liking.
QHYcgU3.jpg

So I pulled out the top spacer snd dropped it to 1.75. Looks much better.
IuR4Xdh.jpg

Some notes to be aware of if you plan on doing this:

Yo must have a high torque impact wrench, a 30mm deep well and a 27mm to take the bottom bolt out of the shock. This thing is seriously torqued down.

The back upper shock bolts are hard to reach. You will need a 18mm flex head ratcheting wrench.

It can can be done at home in about 2 hours if you have the right tools.

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good , curious why not 1.5? Are you planning on 37s ?

37s will be in my future as well as probably some deavers so once the deavers go in, I'll add the spacer to take it back to 2.25. It's easier to add the spacer than to flip the collar. It's about 0.25 inches up in the front now but it should settle in close to level.

ChevyChad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Crash makes some good points. I too went thru the install this weekend. I didnt have metric sockets or wrenches that big, but i found that my 1-1/16 & 1-3/16 wrenches worked to remove the lower shock bolt. I would definitely recommend a powerful impact tho if you have one. Im a pretty big guy and it took almost all my strength to break loose those lower shock bolts with just wrenches. Also note that the springs are hella stiff! My poor spring compressor is scrapped after the job! Yes, i did fear for my life with every turn of the wrench to clamp the damn spring together!

Attachments

• IMG_3606.jpg
    IMG_3606.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 98

MikeH

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Intsalled my ICON kit this weekend. 1.5". Raptor sits perfect now.

Attachments

• Icon leveling kit.jpg
    Icon leveling kit.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 151