Installed RPG Offroad Collar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonecapone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No different than that thousands of people that adjusted Gen 1 suspension. Its all the same in there except for bigger shocks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I understand that but I was under the impression that a lift of 3" was bad for the cv angle and IWE and caused issue for some. Maybe I am misinformed.
Tone

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Use a similar gen1 rule of thumb... 1.5" block is mid perch, and 3" block is top perch

mid perch... ok for torsen and non torsen, ok for heavy 4wd users
top perch... ok for non-torsen folks, not ideal for heavy 4wd users

NJSP117

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed the RPG collars today. Wasn't bad at all. Just a matter of positioning the compressors correctly, on the top rung in the back and in the front. Can be difficult to get the rear top part of the compressor on, but take your time and you can get it in there. The hardest part on the first one was getting the spring base to slide up. On the passenger side, I sprayed some PB blaster in there and it was much easier. Took about 2 and a half hours total and the second one was much faster than the first.
The ride is stiffer for sure, but it handles better around corners, doesn't lean as much.
Great product from RPG, well designed and looks great!!

And yes, I did them with the shocks still on the truck. Couldn't do it on my Gen 1, but these springs are easier to compress.

MajorAR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Installed the RPG collars today. Wasn't bad at all. Just a matter of positioning the compressors correctly, on the top rung in the back and in the front. Can be difficult to get the rear top part of the compressor on, but take your time and you can get it in there. The hardest part on the first one was getting the spring base to slide up. On the passenger side, I sprayed some PB blaster in there and it was much easier. Took about 2 and a half hours total and the second one was much faster than the first.
The ride is stiffer for sure, but it handles better around corners, doesn't lean as much.
Great product from RPG, well designed and looks great!!

And yes, I did them with the shocks still on the truck. Couldn't do it on my Gen 1, but these springs are easier to compress.

Pics man, C'mon Trooper! You know the rules. Pics!

NJSP117

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Lol! I took tons of pics of the install in case anyone needs them. But I don't host my pics anywhere and it doesn't look like I can just add them from my laptop to the forum...If I can figure it out, I'll post install pics and level pics...
Truck looks and drives so much better level...looks so much more badass too with front sitting up.

---------- Post added at 11:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

My bad...just found out how to add them from my laptop...can't use quick reply...I'll download them and post pics tomorrow...

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Does it still fit in a standard garage with the 1.5" Level? Assuming so but wanna make sure since leaving her outside in Arizona is not an option. My garage is about 80"

NJSP117

Full Access Member
Reaction score

So....I did a whole "how to" write up on doing the mod without taking off the shocks...had my pics all set to upload, and then got error messages on all of them that they were too big and would need to be resized....SMH....some things just aren't easy.....

MajorAR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Weekly update FRFr's.....we have nearly caught up with our lengthy list of customers. All orders will be filled as we get them now; having your collars in your hands within 7 working days at the latest. Both sizes of Spring Perch Collars are up on our website. The 1.5" to level your truck, and then the 3" for those with heavier bumpers, winches, or those that prefer the prerunner, nose high stance.

Again, thank you for your patience. [emoji1417]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk