Definitely needs to be leveled

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gilligan

Reaction score
Are there perch adjustments on the new Raptor coil-overs?

Aftermarket 3.0's usually have a threaded collar on them that lets you adjust height. The stock 3.0's that come with the new Raptor do NOT have any way to adjust the height.

---------- Post added at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

My guess is drop shackles or a smaller leaf block will become very popular on the gen2. You're looking at a 200 to drop the rear, vs. raising the front properly where you're looking at a couple thousand.

Last edited:

Mluis11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks a bunch :) It just seems as if pretty much everyone did the mid perch adjustment on their Gen1's. My 35X12.5s rubbed something awful with the stock setting on my Gen1 so I did the mid perch right away and I never had any issues with it and I feel that it road better on the mid perch setting.

Perch adjustment doesn't change travel range, leveling kit does.

The Mav

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Perch adjustment doesn't change travel range, leveling kit does.

bingo. with the perch all you're doing is changing where withing that travel the truck sits at. with the level kit, you're adding length to the whole setup.

Gilligan

Reaction score
OK nice, so the same as aftermarket Fox or Icons. What's the advantage of upgrading? 3.5s?

Sorry I may have misunderstood you question. The STOCK 3.0 Fox shocks that come with the gen2 Raptor out of the factory do NOT have any way to adjust height. If you went with an aftermarket 3.0 that would allow you to adjust the height among other things.

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry I may have misunderstood you question. The STOCK 3.0 Fox shocks that come with the gen2 Raptor out of the factory do NOT have any way to adjust height. If you went with an aftermarket 3.0 that would allow you to adjust the height among other things.

Damn Ford went cheapie way AGAIN

Backinblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I get it now. I would speculate that Fox realized this, and will cappitize on the aftermarket for those that would like adjustable ride height or just to ridelevel

Gilligan

Reaction score
From what a group of us old crusty useless gen1 owners were told directly from a designer with Ford Performance is that the main reason they took away height adjustment and the reason the shocks won't have comp adjusters is to keep the lawyers happy. I guess they are worried that having that much adjustability could cause them some liability issues.

He also mentioned there is an unwritten rule between automakers when it comes to the overall height of the hood and the perch mod put the Raptor above that limit. I guess they have that in place hoping to keep the .gov happy so they don't pass any new regulations.

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Digger

Reach out to TMX, they have a solution

or

Be the guinea pig with Geiser, and get that ball rolling

I would not put any std f150 lift block spacer etc unless it was beneath the spring and sat on the lower spring perch

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter