What gas are you using?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my truck full and just filled up with 91 no e and I must say that it runs smother. Pretty sure they filled it up with 87 e10 gas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I use imported Canadian gas and have no idea what the USA/Canadian gas oct conversion is.....:biggrin:

Last edited:

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Assuming your truck is stock, there is no benefit of running anything above 87. This was just discussed in a very lengthy thread.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f260/do-me-favor-please-just-run-93-least-91-your-new-raptor-52854/

I had issues with my truck surging and not accelerating smoothly on 87, so I jumped to 93 and it pretty much fixed most of my issues. That said, I recently gave 89 octane a try and it seems to be working for me just as well as 93. I am definitely done with 87 octane, but I will probably continue to run 89 since it seems to be working unless I need to tow something, in which case, I will give her 93.

Last edited:

MostSecretAgentMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got my truck and I filled up with 93 octane on my first fill up. Was wondering what everyone else was filling up with? It doesn't specifically say when you open the gas cap. I don't mind paying a little bit extra for 93 but if it doesn't need it no sense in it I guess. Thoughts?

Octane is a rating for which that fuel has to resist knock. The engine manufacture will know what octane their engine that they spent 10's - 100's of millions or more developing will need.

Fuel is not about treating your car or your car being a special snow flake so it "deserves" the luxurious 93 fuel.

The truck runs on 87.

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Octane is a rating for which that fuel has to resist knock. The engine manufacture will know what octane their engine that they spent 10's - 100's of millions or more developing will need.

Fuel is not about treating your car or your car being a special snow flake so it "deserves" the luxurious 93 fuel.

The truck runs on 87.
Yes and when Ford releasees a follow up memo to use minimum 89 or 91 octane will you come back here and say I was right? I'll do the same if they continue to support 87.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

MostSecretAgentMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes and when Ford releasees a follow up memo to use minimum 89 or 91 octane will you come back here and say I was right? I'll do the same if they continue to support 87.

No actually. That's kind of silly and makes little sense. My statements are 100% accurate to what fuel is. My statements are accurate to what the manufacturer recommends at the time of this posting. So you're wrong.

If for some reason Ford goes "oh whoops you need 93". Then at that time my postings will contain pretty much the same thing which is 100% accurate "your truck needs what the manufacture says it needs".

Please at least acknowledge that you understand what octane rating is.

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No actually. That's kind of silly and makes little sense. My statements are 100% accurate to what fuel is. My statements are accurate to what the manufacturer recommends at the time of this posting. So you're wrong.

If for some reason Ford goes "oh whoops you need 93". Then at that time my postings will contain pretty much the same thing which is 100% accurate "your truck needs what the manufacture says it needs".

Please at least acknowledge that you understand what octane rating is.
The higher the octane the more compression fuel can handle before detonating. So the higher the octane fuels work better in higher compression higher performing engines, such as the twin turbo Raptor.

So you're wrong, but it's mmmk. You can take a shit in your gas tank every couple of weeks I don't mind.. not my truck!

[emoji3]

MostSecretAgentMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The higher the octane the more compression fuel can handle before detonating. So the higher the octane fuels work better in higher compression higher performing engines, such as the twin turbo Raptor.

So you're wrong, but it's mmmk. You can take a shit in your gas tank every couple of weeks I don't mind.. not my truck!

[emoji3]

I mean, you just describe what engine knock is, which is what octane resists, which is what I stated.

The only thing I am stating differently than you is fact, from the manufacturer.

I mean do you work for exxon or something? you got a crazy hard on for 91/93 fuel.

It's really weird that you think a company forgot what would work with their truck. Like all of a sudden 93 octane is some new fuel that Ford is hesitant to say is needed.

I always find it interesting what people choose to believe and how it's so hard for them to change with new information.

These are new engines with new technology and you are applying old information to it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter