Went to track. Need more power.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
G

gijosh28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
gijosh28,
If you do decide to go with the SPD downpipes I’m interested in buying your OEM downpipes off you. Please pm me if you go that route.

Thank you

I saw your other post. If I change the downpipe I am keeping the stock one to go back to stock if I need to. Sorry. If I ever find that junkyard Raptor for parts, I'll try to snatch downpipes for you guys.

bosssho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Catback, intercooler and CAI are good for a combined 20-25 wheel horsepower.

With the MPT tune... you’ll get close to 500 at the wheels.

I haven’t done a strip but I do have an Aim solo and have recorded 4.27 seconds on a 0-60 time. It’s a full second lower than stock.

How does the CAI (which do you have) sound vs. stock?

Korntera

Reaction score
Darn, and i thought this was about a track day not a drag strip. I took my Wifes SUV to a track day, i might do a few laps on a track day in my raptor because why the hell not! The tires will be bad but at least its a performance vehicle doing performance driving, even if it is the wrong kind.

Sungod661

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will tell you right now the spd adapters are in my opinion one of the best mods you can do. I did a FUll Race CAI and a FULl Race IC and did not see much in terms of “feeling” more power. Once the spds went on it not only changed the sound ( i have a borla Atak). It feels like much more free flow through. A no brainer in my opinion

---------- Post added at 12:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 AM ----------

Also i will be doing a dyno soon just to see what these parts with my stock tune produce

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I will tell you right now the spd adapters are in my opinion one of the best mods you can do. I did a FUll Race CAI and a FULl Race IC and did not see much in terms of “feeling” more power. Once the spds went on it not only changed the sound ( i have a borla Atak). It feels like much more free flow through. A no brainer in my opinion

---------- Post added at 12:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 AM ----------

Also i will be doing a dyno soon just to see what these parts with my stock tune produce

I will be interested to see the difference those mods make with a stock tune. There has been a lot of debate on whether a CAI and the SPD turbo adapters provide any HP gains. Every video I have heard with the Borla ATAK has been too loud for my taste...

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn't think the SPD adapters will do much on a stock truck. They might sound good and let the turbos spool a little faster but won't the wastegate just bleed any excess boost off?

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn't think the SPD adapters will do much on a stock truck. They might sound good and let the turbos spool a little faster but won't the wastegate just bleed any excess boost off?

The stock cats are the bottle neck in the exhaust.

JustBillin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These beasts launch decently for a large vehicle, but lose steam quickly.

On an 1/8th mile strip…
Wow that stock truck with 35s did way better than I thought it would!!

On a ¼ mile strip…
BIG YAWN, and there are no mods that will drop jaws for a street-able off road truck like we want to drive on a 1/4 mile dragstrip!!!

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
CAI waste of money

SPD adaptors waste of money

U put downpipes on it will need a tune

Get a tune and shave a second off ur ET then ur done.

---------- Post added at 01:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 AM ----------

You dont know much about turbos

Why are the SPD adapters a waste of $??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Catback, intercooler and CAI are good for a combined 20-25 wheel horsepower.

Are these seat of the pants numbers or has someone done a Dyno run to verify the gains?

I am going with the FR cooler and MPT tunes, but I am debating on the CAI and exhaust since the opinions are all over the place. I do not mind a little more sound with a nice growl, but most catbacks are way too loud for my taste.

---------- Post added at 02:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 PM ----------

Why are the SPD adapters a waste of $??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The SPD website claims 21 HP, but I have not seen anyone independently verify an amount with before and after dyno numbers. I might do them just for sound reasons, knowing there will not be much if any HP change.