Went to track. Need more power.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ironwood

Reaction score
Lower it a lot. New front suspension and four link rear suspension. Remove four wheel drive. Install built TH400 transmission with a trans brake. Large slicks on the back on 15” wheels. Remove EB engine and install a Chevy 540 with a single huge turbo. Install new engine management system. Remove rear seats, A/C, electric windows, replace all glass with mesh or plexiglass, remove all other excess weight items. Probably run low 10s.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
or just save your money and buy a sports car?

:)

Lower it a lot. New front suspension and four link rear suspension. Remove four wheel drive. Install built TH400 transmission with a trans brake. Large slicks on the back on 15” wheels. Remove EB engine and install a Chevy 540 with a single huge turbo. Install new engine management system. Remove rear seats, A/C, electric windows, replace all glass with mesh or plexiglass, remove all other excess weight items. Probably run low 10s.

ROCKETW19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck went 14.4 at 96mph in sport mode, and then 14.5 in baja mode. There were a few more runs, but it was heatsoaked after those two. Traction control off (held for 10 seconds). Water in the water-box, but no VHT. Launched in 2WD at about 1500 rpm, dead hook and bogged a bit. Terrible 60ft times (2.0 and 2.1), but I guess that's expected from a heavy truck with offroad tires.

I'd like to get the SPD adapters installed, along with a new downpipe, and some kind of functional CAI. Also there is some spark plug that everyone is changing to that seems to have a dramatic effect on drivability. I'd like to get a baseline pull, and then after having all that installed I would like to have it tuned on a dyno. Anyone have a suggestion for a tuner/shop with a dyno?

Josh

wow 14s? low 14s? that is pretty bad. they feel so much faster right? I use mine to pull my car around also and ran it the other day raced a Camaro with the Ls7 he was getting his slip by the time I finished. I have the gen 1 I went faster then 14s but still slow compared to what it feel like on the street. lol on the streets it feels like a 10 second truck.
I bet everyone wanted to see the truck run anyways?

have fun in your truck anyway you see fit. there def will be some lonely ass with a stick up his ass that will make a meme about racing your truck. shake it off they have no life so try and make fun of yours.

vince7870

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran mine last weekend with the stock tune then with the MPT 93 PR-X tune. Tuned I was 0.6 seconds quicker and 3mph faster. 14.3 @ 93 vs 13.7 @ 96. I have it in a thread here. Sport mode, 4A, traction control off, brake boosted to 2,300rpm roughly. I will post a link to the videos in my thread tonight.

gamble on blowing something and having to come out of pocket to fix it, using a tune to gain .6 of a second faster? cai waste, spd adapters waste of money, downpipes throw codes and you'll smell unburnt fuel constantly......waste of money....oh yeah it makes it louder....hahahaha the sound that everyone hates louder. sheesh did i miss anything? I've been fighting myself like hell to go all in like i did on my 2013.....but i just can't go down the rabbit hole!

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Truck went 14.4 at 96mph in sport mode, and then 14.5 in baja mode. There were a few more runs, but it was heatsoaked after those two. Traction control off (held for 10 seconds). Water in the water-box, but no VHT. Launched in 2WD at about 1500 rpm, dead hook and bogged a bit. Terrible 60ft times (2.0 and 2.1), but I guess that's expected from a heavy truck with offroad tires.

I'd like to get the SPD adapters installed, along with a new downpipe, and some kind of functional CAI. Also there is some spark plug that everyone is changing to that seems to have a dramatic effect on drivability. I'd like to get a baseline pull, and then after having all that installed I would like to have it tuned on a dyno. Anyone have a suggestion for a tuner/shop with a dyno?

Josh

SPD Turbo Adapters will work nicely with the SPD downpipes. And, no need for a tune if you go with the catted downpipes. As far as CAI, the highest claimed power is from aFe Power with their Stage 2 Magnum Force intake. If you have any more questions about the above items or would like us to help get you setup, please feel free to reach out.

OP
OP
G

gijosh28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SPD Turbo Adapters will work nicely with the SPD downpipes. And, no need for a tune if you go with the catted downpipes. As far as CAI, the highest claimed power is from aFe Power with their Stage 2 Magnum Force intake. If you have any more questions about the above items or would like us to help get you setup, please feel free to reach out.

If you know of a capable tuner with a Dyno within a state or two of Georgia, I would order the parts and head there. I wonder if Eric Brooks is doing anything with Ecoboosts.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If you know of a capable tuner with a Dyno within a state or two of Georgia, I would order the parts and head there. I wonder if Eric Brooks is doing anything with Ecoboosts.

MPT is in Florida and 5 Star is in South Carolina. These are the only two that I know off the top of my head.

r8ders

Reaction score

gijosh28,
If you do decide to go with the SPD downpipes I’m interested in buying your OEM downpipes off you. Please pm me if you go that route.

Thank you

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Catback, intercooler and CAI are good for a combined 20-25 wheel horsepower.

With the MPT tune... you’ll get close to 500 at the wheels.

I haven’t done a strip but I do have an Aim solo and have recorded 4.27 seconds on a 0-60 time. It’s a full second lower than stock.