WARNING To Anyone Thinking About Getting A Whipple CAI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Whipple Charged

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
There was nothing on "ADD's" website & there were no instructions included with the intake. I agree that nobody is pointing fingers. ADD simply said that they were not informed that a custom tune was required. They then tried to work with Mike to see if I could return the product and that Mike did not respond.

By the way, not all returns have to go through the company you purchased them from. I have purchased things many times from Amazon that have to be returned to a 3rd party. The complicating issue here is that the CAI was sent to me by Whipple, not ADD.... I agree that most of the time that you would be correct - but not always.

Also, when I purchase a product on Amazon, I don't go to the manufacturer's website to check the specifications of the product being purchased. 99% of the time I rely on the specifications listed on Amazon.

Our policy is stated on our website and is pretty much the standard industry wide. Returns go through the DEALER. Doesn't matter where it shipped from, returns have to be processed through the DEALER. It doesn't have to ship to the dealer, but the refund and authorization has too.
https://whipplesuperchargers.com/index.php?dispatch=pages.view&page_id=36

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 PM ----------

Didn't see that it was free I saw

"You can have it tuned local or you can send the PCM in to us and we can do the cal for $720 plus freight"

Read post #27 and then you will have the info everyone else has.

cmacclel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our policy is stated on our website and is pretty much the standard industry wide. Returns go through the DEALER. Doesn't matter where it shipped from, returns have to be processed through the DEALER. It doesn't have to ship to the dealer, but the refund and authorization has too.
https://whipplesuperchargers.com/index.php?dispatch=pages.view&page_id=36

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 PM ----------

Read post #27 and then you will have the info everyone else has.

Yes Smartass I read the whole thread no where did you say FREE. I think your company needs another forum rep as you're not cutting it.

OP
OP
D

DRTPOSR

Reaction score
I understand that is your policy, however, when I purchase something from a distributor, I don't go to the manufacturer's website to read their return policy....

I don't know how your relationship works with your distributor's, however, I was told by ADD that Whipple had to authorize the return. When ADD tried to contact Whipple, they did not receive a response for a week....

Not sure what you expect me, as a customer, to do. Distributor won't let me return without manufacturer's approval. Manufacturer won't respond.... Meanwhile I am just sitting here wondering WTF to do with this CAI....

Like I said, I appreciate Whipple stepping up and letting me return the item.

Whipple Charged

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yes Smartass I read the whole thread no where did you say FREE. I think your company needs another forum rep as you're not cutting it.

It certainly was inferred and the dealer was informed as well. Therefore the customer and dealer know. Not being a smart ass, just stating the obvious as the one's actually involved had the info.

cmacclel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It certainly was inferred and the dealer was informed as well. Therefore the customer and dealer know. Not being a smart ass, just stating the obvious as the one's actually involved had the info.

Well then I'm glad Whipple stepped up with offering the customer a free tune. It doesn't make much sense to me with most of the members here not agreeing with "Whipple's" initial actions that you would keep the "Free Tune" information hidden :) Now you guys need to update the product page. It really stinks these trucks are so finicky.

Whipple Charged

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Well then I'm glad Whipple stepped up with offering the customer a free tune. It doesn't make much sense to me with most of the members here not agreeing with "Whipple's" initial actions that you would keep the "Free Tune" information hidden :) Now you guys need to update the product page. It really stinks these trucks are so finicky.

Sorry if there was miscommunication, but certainly we were hoping the customer would want the upgrade as we know he would like it and of course and we were taking care of so it wasn't gonna be $700, it fixes the issue at hand. But we understand the reason for not so we took care of it. We always want the customer to be happy and we feel strongly that they are happiest with our product :biggrin:

D

Deleted member 12951

Just want to let everyone know that Whipple has agreed to let me return the CAI and issue a refund. I thank them for stepping up and making this right.

But I do agree with everyone that they need to do a better job of informing the customers that a custom tune is required, and I highly recommend some instructions with that boldly stated at that top.

I also think that this was a very well manufactured product, and it looked great on my truck. Unfortunately, I don't want to go down the "tuning" road....

Thanks Whipple....

Curious how this worked out. Who gave you the refund, ADD or Whipple?

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@DRTPOSA, I can't believe your turning down the free Tune offer. I'd sleep on that thought.

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

LOL, a keyboard pounder, I'm impressed:specialed:

Homer Jay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@DRTPOSA, I can't believe your turning down the free Tune offer. I'd sleep on that thought.

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

LOL, a keyboard pounder, I'm impressed:specialed:

I know. Talk about a gift...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk