Warning about Whipple tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Svc or fullrace intercooler and mpt tune is the best option so far.

I agree! I ordered the MPT tunes, Full Race intercooler, 170 T-stat and SP542 plugs last week. It looks like the FR is about 3-4 weeks out, so I am playing a waiting game until all of the parts come in.

I also ordered the SPD Turbo Adapters and Flowmaster Flow FX muffler replacement to try to give it a deeper growl when accelerating. The rest of my exhaust will remain stock for now.

Sungod661

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very informative post, i have a Full Race , inter cooler and Cai inatalled , turbo adapters but i am
Very hesitant to tune my truck on warranty. Just not worth the risk , i will wait another 2 years ( by that time there will be a better selection and testing of tunes).

Am
I wrong in waiting?

reaper1441

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very informative post, i have a Full Race , inter cooler and Cai inatalled , turbo adapters but i am
Very hesitant to tune my truck on warranty. Just not worth the risk , i will wait another 2 years ( by that time there will be a better selection and testing of tunes).

Am
I wrong in waiting?

Borrow an ngauge and load a tune from mpt. Or find a local shop that has hpt software. You can load tunes with just a laptop if you find someone with an hpt license. The nguage is just an over priced peripheral.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Am
I wrong in waiting?

Only you can decide if you are wrong to wait. I have tuned my last five brand new Ford trucks since the year 2000 and I have never had a warranty claim denied. I will be tuning my 2018 as soon as all of my parts arrive.

If you plan to keep your truck well past the warranty, you might get several good years out of a tune. Once you see how much more power you get with a mail-in tune, you may regret waiting so long... :biggrin:

OP
OP
Obscure

Obscure

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Received updated tune file from Whipple today and flashed truck with it. At work and haven't had a chance to drive it yet.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Received updated tune file from Whipple today and flashed truck with it. At work and haven't had a chance to drive it yet.

Just out of curiosity, did they mention this post as the reason they reached out to you? I am sure someone told them about it...

Onemoosehorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, did they mention this post as the reason they reached out to you? I am sure someone told them about it...

If that’s the case, that’s pretty bad that it took a thread on a forum to get help initiated on Whipples behalf. OP said he emailed/called for months and no help.

Fender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow great post, i have a 4-5 harsh shift that was exacerbated with the tune and they don’t respond to emails. I was also under the impression u can easily return, fraudulent advertising

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If that’s the case, that’s pretty bad that it took a thread on a forum to get help initiated on Whipples behalf. OP said he emailed/called for months and no help.

I saw that he tried for months, but sometimes a push from another source is what it takes for a company to act. I am sure the multiple people who came onto this thread to say they were going with MPT over Whipple helped.

Onemoosehorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw that he tried for months, but sometimes a push from another source is what it takes for a company to act. I am sure the multiple people who came onto this thread to say they were going with MPT over Whipple helped.

That make sense. At least the OP is getting support now.