Switzer Performance For GEN2 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AKLA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Time will tell especially with tuning. Aftermarket turbos should be making way more power than that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

biturbomg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Curious how this is coming and if tranny is weakmlink, rods, etc. 530whp and 500wtq would be good if on pump 91 and was not super high cost kit. I don't see a switzer turbo swap, fueling, intake, intercooler running less the. 7-10k though. I may be wrong but they build great products and it comes with a price.

Time will tell and good for them.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice. Hopefully they aren't super secretive about what they find in there. Although I feel like they will be.

Shipwreck

Reaction score
New owner here, I recently picked up a 2G Raptor. I used to own a P800 GTR, which eventually was upgraded to a flex-fuel Ultimate Street Package. Switzer Performance is a first class operation. The GTR was surprisingly reliable and docile for how fast it was.

I will be following Switzer’s research and development closely. Looking forward to whatever performance package(s) they come up with.

I have no idea what the price point of their kit will be. I am sure it will be high quality and deliver as advertised. Remember that saying: “you pay for what you get”. As far as being secretive with their findings... I would assume Switzer would keep that information under-wraps. From a business standpoint, all the R&D costs money, I’m sure they’d prefer to protect their investment.

Raptorlaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This will be awesome, but I’m sure there will be sticker shock for the cost of a complete sorted tuning package. Looking at the Switzer website, the level 1 GTR package runs almost $7k and only includes air filters, cat back, down pipes and tune. I would expect a package similar to what is on this test raptor would be at lest what the Level 2 GTR runs, almost $15k.

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
"2017 Raptor Update:
We have been slowly pushing things up and evaluating everything patiently as we go. We are now approaching the 550lb ft mark to the tires and approx 540whp on the dyno. Real world performance has shown us some weaknesses and things that needed improvement. We took the stock intercooler as far as we could take it... at approximately 400 whp I would say its tapped out. Since we are tuning on 93 octane, intercooling becomes very important for maximizing our results and keeping the power consistent, especially on longer pulls.
We are finishing up a monstrous intercooler setup for the truck and we will be resuming tuning shortly. The goal is to be able to maintain the attained power we are making on short dyno rips through all gear runs in the real world.
We've run mid 13's so far but the stock intercooler was heat soaking so badly at the new power levels that it was basically neutering the truck after the first couple of gears.
That's all for now!"

Last edited:

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
"2017 Raptor approaching 600whp on 93 octane with the newly added intercooler we just finished.
The ecu is being a bit stubborn so I still have some work to do on this curve. Still not quite happy with it, but definitely happy with the progress."

Last edited:

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
"I have been terrible about posting lately but we've just been working on a lot of stuff.

With a lot of experimentation and software improvements I was able to get our 2017 Raptor kit dialed in more appropriately. Very happy. Now we need a little more fuel and I want to look at reducing our exhaust back pressure as all of these curves have been done using the stock exhaust to keep the truck sounding good and not droning during cruise.

For now we are about 200whp and 200wtq over our original baseline pulls. Both are 93 octane. The new intercooler has exceeded my expectations. These pulls were made in ideal conditions as its cool here now that it is fall. Dyno bay was approx 68-70 degrees.

Feeling pretty pumped now that we have full control over the tuning. Finally!

Just a quick post for you guys that have been keeping an eye on what we are doing."

---------- Post added at 04:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

Does the raptor have forged pistons and rods?

I think all the engine components are stock. They replaced the turbos, intercooler, and injectors as far as I know.

Last edited: