Supercharged 5L V8 swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dinoone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I was confident that some one could get it right I would do it in a heart beat

tightt

Reaction score
I know a lot of guys are hardcore V8 lovers....and I'm fine with that. I myself am a turbo guy...so the V6 with hairdryers suits me well. I'm anxious to see what the aftermarket cooks up for this truck in terms of performance modifications.

pjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, until someone knows how to program the TCM, and get the v8 ecu to talk to the tranny, I don't see this happening. Maybe do a t56 swap at the same time? If you are going to do that, might as well just go to a LS turbo swap. If I had a spare Raptor, and I already got the coke and hookers covered, this would be worth considering.

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, until someone knows how to program the TCM, and get the v8 ecu to talk to the tranny, I don't see this happening. Maybe do a t56 swap at the same time? If you are going to do that, might as well just go to a LS turbo swap. If I had a spare Raptor, and I already got the coke and hookers covered, this would be worth considering.

957752750045c4ddaaf27c466c5d206b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to satisfy my curiosity, spoke with all the big names today, way beyond worth the effort, could start approaching the cost of the truck itself

Most seem to think upgrades to the TT should get you easily into the 550s maybe 600s just a matter of time so will just wait to see what's getting developed

TRIMMELL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A forum sponsor hinted at a V8 conversion in the works. And realistically a crate 5.0L with a supercharger wouldn't be all that expensive and they could probably even set up some sort of trade in program for the ecoboost. The ecoboost would kick some ass in a buggy with engine size limit restrictions or even in a sand rail. The most difficult part would probably be the tuning and getting everything to play nicely together. I could see it being somewhat affordable if you could get some decent money out of the ecoboost motor.