GEN 2 Steering wheel vibration and truck shuddering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
HunyaKitti

HunyaKitti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dropped it off at the dealership today after having to get Ford Service on Facebook involved. Dealership rebalanced the tires, again, and are pretty certain my driveshaft is bad. The engine doesn't lug going uphill, low speed, and high gears (8-10), so most likely not a misfiring cylinder.

However, the service tech riding with me could feel the vibrations moreso in the rear of the vehicle and that's why they think it's the driveshaft.

The service manager stated that the 2017 raptors weren't having any issues...

Just waiting to hear back since they won't give me a loaner vehicle.

Attachments

• IMG_1281.JPG
    IMG_1281.JPG
    124.1 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:

Tom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No loaner....wtf. Did you tell your Service Manager it's 2017...everyone gives a loaner car nowadays. My Raptor is 7 years old and my dealership still gives me a loaner with no questions asked...

OP
OP
HunyaKitti

HunyaKitti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No loaner....wtf. Did you tell your Service Manager it's 2017...everyone gives a loaner car nowadays. My Raptor is 7 years old and my dealership still gives me a loaner with no questions asked...

I had to file a complaint with Ford Service. The dealership wouldn't schedule me an appointment, wouldn't give me a loaner, and didn't balance the tires the first time I asked them to.

Ford Service called down, forced them to give me an appointment right away, clean the rust off the vehicle, and give me a loaner. Currently waiting on a loaner...

Service department drove 23 miles, came back saying they needed to road force balance the rear tires. Drove 20 Ish more miles, then called me saying they now needed to balance the fronts, then drove it 20 Ish more miles.

Tom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to file a complaint with Ford Service. The dealership wouldn't schedule me an appointment, wouldn't give me a loaner, and didn't balance the tires the first time I asked them to.

Ford Service called down, forced them to give me an appointment right away, clean the rust off the vehicle, and give me a loaner. Currently waiting on a loaner...

Service department drove 23 miles, came back saying they needed to road force balance the rear tires. Drove 20 Ish more miles, then called me saying they now needed to balance the fronts, then drove it 20 Ish more miles.

Damn, Brother. That's not right. Who's the dealership? Hang in there...

J.Bodolay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here we go again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might want to check and see if its got one of those leaks in the intercooler. I heard on the internets that a weep hole can cause mis-fires and other problems.

Sasquatch77

Banned
Reaction score
Guys - read up on misfires and the ecoboost. You will be enlightened.

Weep hole FIXES the problem. It has for millions of others and has NOT CAUSED PROBLEMS!!

Last edited:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Guys - read up on misfires and the ecoboost. You will be enlightened.

Werp hole FIXES the problem. It has for millions of others and has NOT CAUSED PROBLEMS!!

which was debunked as a pre 2017 MY issue in another post.

Time to move on.