Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums > Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods - 3.5 Liter EcoBoost V6 [GEN 2]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods - 3.5 Liter EcoBoost V6 [GEN 2]

Shelby Raptor Cold Air Intake Kit

This is a discussion on Shelby Raptor Cold Air Intake Kit within the Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods - 3.5 Liter EcoBoost V6 [GEN 2] forums, part of the GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums category!
Has anyone tried the Shelby Raptor Cold Air Intake Kit? If so what are your thoughts?...

User Tag List

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2018, 09:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Default Shelby Raptor Cold Air Intake Kit
Has anyone tried the Shelby Raptor Cold Air Intake Kit? If so what are your thoughts?

Quaesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 11:52 PM   #2 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Originally Posted by Quaesta View Post
Has anyone tried the Shelby Raptor Cold Air Intake Kit? If so what are your thoughts?
Looks an awful lot like the Whipple intake to me. Also 1300 for a CAI seems a bit spendy for some plastic and a filter. Just my 2 cents.

Old 07-14-2018, 06:42 AM   #3 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

That price adds the stage 1 calibration tool. What the hell is that?

2017-2018 Shelby Raptor Cold Air Intake Kit
Onemoosehorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 07:06 AM   #4 (permalink)

MTF
FRF Addict

Mentioned: 81 Post(s)

It's pretty well known that Shelby uses Whipple for their performance kits.

Whipple 700+ HP 800+ in the works, Oil and Fuel pump upgrades, Custom Deavers +2 Rear Springs, Axle Exchange Driveshaft, Rogue Racing Traction Bars, Hellwig rear sway bar, Pace Edward electric bed cover with remote, Pop & Lock Tail Gate lock, Mud Flaps, Window Rain Guards, EZ Down Tailgate, Bed Rug,
Future Installs: Brembo Brakes 15" Gran Turismo
MTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 08:43 AM   #5 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

My guess is you are paying for the "Shelby" name. All those shops like Hennessey and Shelby are charging you for their name. I have looked at their "packages" for both my 13 and 18 raptors, and for my 13 I got more power and add ons for about 40% less than what these guys charge. Got 27k in my 13 in upgrades that would have cost 45k from these guys. Go local or smaller shops and you can get so much more for your money. You just wont have foo-foo looking badges that say "Shelby"!

Old 07-17-2018, 03:30 PM   #6 (permalink)

Originally Posted by RaptorFlipper View Post
My guess is you are paying for the "Shelby" name. All those shops like Hennessey and Shelby are charging you for their name. I have looked at their "packages" for both my 13 and 18 raptors, and for my 13 I got more power and add ons for about 40% less than what these guys charge. Got 27k in my 13 in upgrades that would have cost 45k from these guys. Go local or smaller shops and you can get so much more for your money. You just wont have foo-foo looking badges that say "Shelby"!

Yes, I investigated and it is the same as whipple, its even fulfilled by whipple they just change the name plate on the CAI, I ended up going with whipple after I found out, I bought the CAI from whipple and the tunner as well, I even got 2 tuners as I got one from ebay, I have one for sale if you are interested you will just need to purchase the CAI from whipple and will have the same 525hp and 600+ torque of the shelby raptor but for a fraction of the cost, however is interested I can let the tunner go for $500, regular price is $800
gily25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 05:32 PM   #7 (permalink)

Hired Gun

Shelby doesn't make anything. They just rebrand other products. Buy it from the source and save a pile.
gily25 likes this.

Old 07-17-2018, 05:45 PM   #8 (permalink)

Way overpriced
icecoldak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 09:40 AM   #9 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

And does almost nothing...
Gsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 09:41 AM   #10 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Total rip off.