GEN 2 My exhaust mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
A

AlbertaRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Old parts went in the scrap bin.

I can tell you the mufflers are a straight through design. It's like looking through a glass pack that has hundreds of holes in the tubing.

I ordered the Magnaflows to tone the exhaust into even a deeper sound.

They look like this inside.

Attachments

• JEFF WHITE.jpg
    JEFF WHITE.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 81

robbys3m3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And re-used the factory tailpipes.

There is a whistle on the left rear tailpipe that I hear, kind of a resonance heard at exactly 1900rpm.

So I am adding AFE 49-92043-P resonator tips to further tone the exhaust

curious to know more about these resonated tips...do they make a noticeable difference?

siooss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
curious to know more about these resonated tips...do they make a noticeable difference?

I just replaced my Corsa dual tips with the aFe 49-92043-P Exhaust Tip and it made a very noticeable difference. Sound went from loud/raspy to lower/more mellow. I have long tube headers and Corsa Extreme exhaust. So far very happy with new sound. Looks good to me too. I went with Chrome vs. Black, for a little shine.

Mcnawsty

Banned
Reaction score
I just replaced my Corsa dual tips with the aFe 49-92043-P Exhaust Tip and it made a very noticeable difference. Sound went from loud/raspy to lower/more mellow. I have long tube headers and Corsa Extreme exhaust. So far very happy with new sound. Looks good to me too. I went with Chrome vs. Black, for a little shine.

Change location too?

Mcnawsty

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone try a Meisterschaft exhaust yet? This might be good. I also heard a Mitsubishi EVO at work and was surprised how great it sounded. Can anyone make the v6 Raptor sound like that?

OP
OP
A

AlbertaRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kinda pissed that my mufflers didn't arrive before my Raptor Assault trip.

I'll update in the middle of September.

ejholt

Reaction score
Anyone try a Meisterschaft exhaust yet? This might be good. I also heard a Mitsubishi EVO at work and was surprised how great it sounded. Can anyone make the v6 Raptor sound like that?

Does GT Haus make an exhaust for this? I checked out their site as I run their exhaust on a lot of my other rides.