More power tuning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m not worried. I have an MPT tune, catback. Intake, rims, stereo upgrades, etc. I’m not worried.

I had a pedal max and boost max chip tune and I can tell you there is no comparison. The piggyback tuner and throttle gizmo does a little bit but is a novelty at best.

So GUY, I have had the MPT tune for around 3000 miles now. Observation: I liked my Pedal Commander, lots of cheap fun right out of the box. But, it had its limitations. The MPT tune definitely upgrades the trans gearing in Normal Mode. Still harsh driving around town in sport, but I actually prefer Normal now that the gearing is correct. Sport Mode on the highway is the *******!!!! I can be cruising along, minding my own business, and then WHAM, I nail the throttle and the pull from 75 to 125... is AMAZING. Not that I do a lot of that, but the fact that it can, EXCITES me. Think I'm done with my performance mods. Back to bumpers...

sp2pilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it possible for them to make Sport mode amazing and tune the transmission to not shift so hard/rough?

Smokeshow60

SgtMajor of the MemeCorps
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it possible for them to make Sport mode amazing and tune the transmission to not shift so hard/rough?

They don't have as much control over the transmission as they want right now. Hp tuners is supposed to be releasing an update sometime in the near future which would allow more flexibility. Right now they offer to include all 10 gears in normal mode which maintains smooth relatively soft shifts. Sport mode is set up considerably more aggressive.

sp2pilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They don't have as much control over the transmission as they want right now. Hp tuners is supposed to be releasing an update sometime in the near future which would allow more flexibility. Right now they offer to include all 10 gears in normal mode which maintains smooth relatively soft shifts. Sport mode is set up considerably more aggressive.

Cool. Thanks for the info.

ReyLorenzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2018 owners. I talked to MPT earlier in the week and they are now putting together a waiting list for all 2018 owners that are interested in buying a tune. They said they were very close on releasing the tune. Hopefully I’ll get a call in the next couple of weeks from them.

nah_tan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2018 owners. I talked to MPT earlier in the week and they are now putting together a waiting list for all 2018 owners that are interested in buying a tune. They said they were very close on releasing the tune. Hopefully I’ll get a call in the next couple of weeks from them.

Unfortunately it seem the 2018s are proving difficult. I tried the 93oct tune this week and it put my truck into a no start situation. MPT customer service was excellent and immediately sent me the recovery tune and I was back to stock with no issues. I am returning my Nguage for the time being as there is no ETA on 2018 support but I will be purchasing again once things are working. I wanted to reiterate previous comments that MTP has been nothing but helpful and swift with customer support so be patient.

Smokeshow60

SgtMajor of the MemeCorps
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MPT just posted on Facebook that they are looking for someone in the central Florida area with a 18 raptor that could possibly get hooked up with them at their shop to complete the 18 tuning process. Anyone interested? I'm sure you'll probably get your truck dyno tuned by Mike personally and probably a decent discount for hooking them up.