GEN 2 Ford Performance Exhaust here on the 10th

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Bullishone

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok guys I called Ford. Now they say the 22nd so I got suspicious. I know Borla is delaying because they didn't have a truck to build it on (I spoke with them weeks ago). I asked them who makes it and 100% it's Borla. Screw that, I did cancel the order. I am going to try aFe or Corsa.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

dinoone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like i said bud they are blowing smoke up your ass. They told me the same **** over and over.

Ok guys I called Ford. Now they say the 22nd so I got suspicious. I know Borla is delaying because they didn't have a truck to build it on (I spoke with them weeks ago). I asked them who makes it and 100% it's Borla. Screw that, I did cancel the order. I am going to try aFe or Corsa.

OP
OP
Bullishone

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah man. Borla will almost certainly drone. Corsa won't. Let's see.

Wassy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the Borla touring car back on gen 1 and no drone. Borla generally makes great systems and the last update I got direct from Borla was they had to make some final design changes. I've been waiting for this too and hope it's as good as the one on gen 1. Is corsa out yet?

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah man. Borla will almost certainly drone. Corsa won't. Let's see.

Dudes...

Don't get AFE... gonna drone.

Any system that doesn't have a resonator will be no better than the garbage I have to return.

I have a sound clip of a Borla in action. It sounds good but I don't have one of it driving or in the cab.

But I can't imagine Ford would put a stamp on an exhaust that drones? The Borla has a resonator and a muffler similar to stock.

OP
OP
Bullishone

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I spoke with aFe. Man that's one honest company.. salesman is amazing I asked if it drones and his response is "yeah probably ". He also said a customer returned a side exhaust for the new Raptor because it was too loud (it also doesn't look good).

So I'll wait for Corsa I guess.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I spoke with aFe. Man that's one honest company.. salesman is amazing I asked if it drones and his response is "yeah probably ". He also said a customer returned a side exhaust for the new Raptor because it was too loud (it also doesn't look good).

So I'll wait for Corsa I guess.

Don't get any exhaust that doesn't have a two piece design. Resonator and muffler.

That is... unless you don't mind horrible drone.

I confirmed the FOMOCO exhaust is two parts and is made by Borla to Ford's spec and should not drone.

They will be available in 2-4 weeks from summit, cjpony, and dealerships and will be in stock and ready to ship.

Guy

dinoone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think Jesus was bringing it and left it in his Uber......

Don't get any exhaust that doesn't have a two piece design. Resonator and muffler.

That is... unless you don't mind horrible drone.

I confirmed the FOMOCO exhaust is two parts and is made by Borla to Ford's spec and should not drone.

They will be available in 2-4 weeks from summit, cjpony, and dealerships and will be in stock and ready to ship.

Guy

NWFreerider

Reaction score
My current '14 Eco Screw has a Magnaflow muffler with resonator delete and NO drone. I initially installed the Magnaflow and kept the resonator and it sounded completely stock. With the resonator removed I can hear the turbos some and a little deeper exhaust note but nothing annoying. I remember on the F-150 Forum several year ago when I got this truck that certain mufflers would cause drone and some wouldn't. Hopefully the Borla is a good setup since I'm planning on going route when my truck gets here.