Exhaust help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sasquatch77

Banned
Reaction score
Is this the CAC tube mod? If so, that was corrected in 2015 if I recall correctly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a 1/16" hole drilled into the lower left (driver side) corner. Any moisture buildup is evacuated before blowing out spark.
Ford has tried multiple times to fix this and nothing has prevented the moisture buildup. The weep hole is the solution, but Ford can't do it from the factory or have dealers do it because of the EPA. If their happens to be anything else in there (such as oil), that would not be EPA guidelines.
This modification has been done for 6 years across the platforms and corrects the problem without issue. The 2015+ folks are doing this as well....

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is a 1/16" hole drilled into the lower left (driver side) corner. Any moisture buildup is evacuated before blowing out spark.

Ford has tried multiple times to fix this and nothing has prevented the moisture buildup. The weep hole is the solution, but Ford can't do it from the factory or have dealers do it because of the EPA. If their happens to be anything else in there (such as oil), that would not be EPA guidelines.

This modification has been done for 6 years across the platforms and corrects the problem without issue. The 2015+ folks are doing this as well....

Well this thread has gotten off topic but oh well.

If one was to drill a hole as you suggest, would you not in fact be creating a boost leak? Further, how is the computer (MAF) accounting for the air you are introducing? I'll leave the drilling of holes to you!

Last edited:

pjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, a large weep hole after the down pipe will make your truck louder. EPA doesn't approve of this mod, but its the only way a V6 can sound like a real truck until the new v8tt arrives in 6 months with the brighter tail lights. [emoji23]

Sasquatch77

Banned
Reaction score
Well this thread has gotten off topic but oh well.

If one was to drill a hole as you suggest, would you not in fact be creating a boost leak? Further, how is the computer (MAF) accounting for the air you are introducing? I'll leave the drilling of holes to you!

The masses of other 3.5 eco owners have tested this to show it is a very, very small amount of boost loss. Google "ecoboost weep hole" and watch all the videos. I have had a weep hole in my Taurus SHO for 42k miles and no issues with hesitation or misfire post install. I had them prior...

Sasquatch77

Banned
Reaction score
Yep - that is the last of the ecoboosts to unload. I can't wait to replace it! My 12 Raptor and 13 Mustang have been awesome vehicles. Never had any vehicle problems until the ecoboosts.

Last edited:

CatchMeOffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take the silencer rings out of the intake piping, and install a Corsa Sport system (or just the muffler). Turbo noise galore.

Sasquatch77

Banned
Reaction score
... plus the "fart" sound gets worse.

Stick with stock exhaust. The ecoboost community has tried everything to try and make it sound better and failed. Best you can do is quiet it down while improving performance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter