Downpipe & Turbo adapters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anybody did just the spd turbo adapters with a down pipe and left the rest of exhaust stock? This is the route I'm considering going since I've read down pipe, adapters and the aftermarket exhaust that most purchased was just too loud or raspy. I think just downpipe and adapters will sound great and be a descent performance mod.. an I wrong on this? If so please explain.. I'm knew to this stuff guys

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
It depends on which downpipes you go with. If you go with the Stainless Works downpipes, you don't need the turbo adapters since it replaces that piece. If you go with the Kooks downpipes, it's a good idea to add the SPD adapters as well.

Just a head's up, you will need a tune or O2 foulers to keep the truck from throwing a code.

OP
OP
M

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It depends on which downpipes you go with. If you go with the Stainless Works downpipes, you don't need the turbo adapters since it replaces that piece. If you go with the Kooks downpipes, it's a good idea to add the SPD adapters as well.

Just a head's up, you will need a tune or O2 foulers to keep the truck from throwing a code.

I was thinking I would go with kooks dp and spd adapters, I will wait till the tune is released for the 2018 models and do it all at once. I don't want any codes

---------- Post added at 04:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 AM ----------

Actually may not go with kooks dp, I read somewhere that spd was supposedly releaseing a down pipe.. if this is true and it's good I will just use spd for turbo adapters and down pipe. But I could be wrong