Chipwerke for 2017 Ecoboost

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
shit, anyone who wants my chipwerke and pedal commander can have em for a freaking case of beer. I have the JMS hot garbage too.

I'm not shipping them though.

I'm going to probably bring all the stuff i've tried, then removed to TRR18. I'll set up a folding table with everything priced in quantity of 12 oz beers.

PSA- All of these piggy backs seem to have the potential to really bork your truck and warranty status far more than MPT's tunes, based on all of the unindented side effects to various torque management challenges that occur when using them.

PC and Chipwerke are also VERY surge-y when compared to a "real" tune. It almost feels like hitting a scramble button when drag racing, which is not a good thing, nor should it be done on a regular basis.

Last edited:

Spartan1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
shit, anyone who wants my chipwerke and pedal commander can have em for a freaking case of beer. I have the JMS hot garbage too.

I'm not shipping them though.

I'm going to probably bring all the stuff i've tried, then removed to TRR18. I'll set up a folding table with everything priced in quantity of 12 oz beers.

PSA- All of these piggy backs seem to have the potential to really bork your truck and warranty status far more than MPT's tunes, based on all of the unindented side effects to various torque management challenges that occur when using them.

PC and Chipwerke are also VERY surge-y when compared to a "real" tune. It almost feels like hitting a scramble button when drag racing, which is not a good thing, nor should it be done on a regular basis.

JMS was pretty good in that they gave me my money right back after the boost max and pedal max didn't work. I am saving the pedal commander for when and if I drive my wife's explorer sport. Im not sure what to do with the chipwerke though. It did do OK but the thing scared me with the surges. I love this MPT tune so far and I haven't been able to break the truck yet.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
<merciful snippage>

I’m not sure if you’re saying both together are very surge-y or they are individually. I recall following the chipwerke $hit show thread, and I think pretty much everyone that tried one took it off, sent it back or complained here.

The pedal commander, by itself, is not surge-y. Not sure about the chipwerke.

AKSteve

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this product still considered junk? I've got one on the way after ordering a well-reviewed product of the same type for my Audi.