CAI or drop in filter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sasquatch77

Banned
Reaction score
A CAI will give you sound and zero power. Big spend for no value.

If you want fun, the pedal commander works great. The jms boostmax and pedalmax (similar to pedal commander) are options too. These are definitely better spends

CineSLR

Roaming Shutterbug
Reaction score
If your truck gets dirty just do a drop in... If it is a street queen then definitely do a short ram and PSHSHHSHSHSHSHSHHSHSHSH away!

theOracle13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Isn't this thread supposed to be about intakes? I don't want a pedal commander. I want an intake. Not for power (although it will help when I get a tune) but for better sound.

Still wondering if that Roush intake is the write model# and is designed for the 17'. I contacted Roush today but haven't received an answer

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Isn't this thread supposed to be about intakes? I don't want a pedal commander. I want an intake. Not for power (although it will help when I get a tune) but for better sound.

Still wondering if that Roush intake is the write model# and is designed for the 17'. I contacted Roush today but haven't received an answer

This is quoted direct from the seller:
•Brand New
•Roush Part # 421981
•Fits 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor 3.5L High Output Ecoboost
•In Stock Ready to Ship!!
•The most highly-engineered Cold Air Intake kit on the market!
• Increased air inlet and air box sizing to allow for maximum airflow
• Provides additional induction noise and aggressive performance sound
• CAD-designed for optimized hood sealing to keep out heat and gain maximum performance
• High-flow, high-capacity, washable, and reusable performance air filter (Does NOT require oiling)
• Excellent filtration properties
• No PCM re-calibration required - works perfectly with stock calibration
• Does not void factory warranty
• Utilizes EPDM rubber couplers for proper fitment under engine load, rocking, and twisting
• Complete system from air inlet to throttle body
• Easy installation - no vehicle modifications required
• Includes all necessary hardware and instructions
• Installation instructions can also be found here
•Note: Not approved for sale in the state of California or states that require California E.O. #

And here it is installed... I'd say it's a go.

Attachments

• s-l500.jpg
    s-l500.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 135

NJSP117

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I gotta admit, that does look good....but does it do anything as far as HP? Are there any write-ups on Pros/Cons for this? Will too much air cause any issues with a turbo? I'm familiar with superchargers, but not turbos so much. Just wondering if the CAI will mess with the air/fuel mix and possibly cause the motor to actually lose some power....thoughts?

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Your not the thread starter and most ppl that put on CAI are going for power