2017 raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

QATARSUB

Reaction score
hey all

do I really need to tune my truck
if I'm running full race intercooler and after market air intake???

I took off my spd catless downpipes and reflush the ecu to stock tune

but the guys at the work shop said hey you cant drive the truck with out tune !!!

I do have some friends they are running spd turbo adapters full race intercooler and air intake with no tune and they have no issues.

any ideas????

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey all

but the guys at the work shop said hey you cant drive the truck with out tune !!!

I do have some friends they are running spd turbo adapters full race intercooler and air intake with no tune and they have no issues.

any ideas????

You may not need a tune, but without one, you aren't getting the max benefits out of your mods. I have an MPT tune and can't believe the difference in performance. A tune will increase your fun factor significantly!!!!

OP
OP
QATARSUB

QATARSUB

Reaction score
You may not need a tune, but without one, you aren't getting the max benefits out of your mods. I have an MPT tune and can't believe the difference in performance. A tune will increase your fun factor significantly!!!!

I just spoke to the guys @ MPT and I think I will go with it 2
what mods do you have on your truck.

I hated the hp tuner tune if its not in the expert hand it doesn't worth to have it, also to go back to stock you have to wait set an appointment leave your truck for hours its :specialed:

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just spoke to the guys @ MPT and I think I will go with it 2

what mods do you have on your truck.

I hated the hp tuner tune if its not in the expert hand it doesn't worth to have it, also to go back to stock you have to wait set an appointment leave your truck for hours its :specialed:

You do know that the MPT tune is HPtuner tune?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You do not need a tune for a Cold Air Intake, Intercooler, and SPD Turbo Adapters. A tune can help you get the most out of your gains, but is not required for those modifications.

lawdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You do not need a tune for a Cold Air Intake, Intercooler, and SPD Turbo Adapters. A tune can help you get the most out of your gains, but is not required for those modifications.

This is correct, but I don't know why you wouldn't get a tune after these making these mods to take advantage of them.

Higgs Boson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HPTuners is a tool to create a tune, its not a tune or a tuning company. HPTuners does not create tunes, the users of HPT software create tunes.

MPT uses HPTuners to create MPT tunes. NGauge is just a device that can store HPT files, it was not created by HPT.

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The mods you did have about the same difference in performance as you’d feel if you’re truck has a almost empty tank vs a full one. A tune you will NOTICE.

Last edited:

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
hey all

any ideas????

You don't NEED to do anything to your truck - it is more capable than many built trucks straight from the showroom floor. You can dump a lot of money into it with varying results. Some things might improve it in one area but make it worse in another, and some will just flat out do little to nothing except cause more part failures later on.

All that said, what do you want out of your vehicle? Do you want a faster street queen or a mean off-road rig? If you want a balance of comfort, power, speed, and reliability, do what one of the top Raptor shops in the country told me - leave it stock.

OP
OP
QATARSUB

QATARSUB

Reaction score
You do know that the MPT tune is HPtuner tune?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sure I do. what I meant if the tuner is not perfect to create the tune of his own and cannot calibrate trans shifts. its then useless.