2017 Raptor 0-60mph runs for fun

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hold down tow button on shifter for 10 sec while honking your horn to the tune of Dukes of Hazard theme song (not the General Lee honk)

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Now post up some vids of your truck at WOT from outside of the truck where we can hear the real, actual, non augmented exhaust note!

Only problem is, you won't hear the exhaust/motor at WOT at speed because the air noise will drown those sounds out. Dogs will bark though.......

:win:

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
Only problem is, you won't hear the exhaust/motor at WOT at speed because the air noise will drown those sounds out. Dogs will bark though.......

:win:

You'll hear crickets chirping and just see a flash of his drag truck go by.

Jack_Toepfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed its shifts way before redline? Whats up with that ? What if you went manual mode? Bounce that shit off the limiter (jk) you know if you get bored again.

Good observation and fair question. I have a theory.
Based on the dynographs that are online, max HP has been at 5600RPM or so, max torque just about 4500RPM. With 10 gears to shift through it is in your best interest to use the "peak" of the graph for as much of the gear as possible. Seems to me like shifting before 6000RPM and having the RPM drop to 4500RPM is keeping the motor right in the meat of the powerband.

Once the trucks are tuned they will make power further out into the RPM range (maybe) and then you would modify the shift strategy accordingly - but to follow the power curve as closely as possible.

In other words, I'll make up some numbers here -
HP/TQ@RPM
400/550@4500
450/500@5500
400/400@6500

It makes more sense to spend your time between 4500 and 5500RPM than between 5500 and 6500RPM, the truck is running out of steam at redline.

Maybe I missed it, but in BAJA mode the truck has anti-lag right? You will net your best acceleration times in that mode, I would imagine. You also won't have traction control babysitting you and shortshifting into 2nd and you won't be waiting for the turbos to come online (that fraction of a second :) )

Anyone complaining about the 0-60, please feel free to post one that is more impressive from a stock truck. And, if anyone has any more information than I do, maybe list a production truck that is quicker.