Wiring lights for flat towing my Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryant858

Reaction score
I'm going to be pulling my Gen 2 Raptor behind my MH this summer. I think I'm all squared away on everything except haven't yet figured out the wiring harness so my tail lights on the Raptor are tied into the MH.

Anyone done this yet? Tips?

Thanks!

jrrhoad

Reaction score
Blue Ox makes a diode kit. Had it and their F-150 baseplate installed by them after picking up my raptor. Baseplate required some modification to fit correctly.

Gunnut

Reaction score
There's a picture and directions on the install on the Blue Ox website. They go in the place of the front tow hooks. Doesn't look like any ground clearance is lost after installing. Once I get my Gen II, I'll be installing it.

jrrhoad

Reaction score
Did you lose any ground clearance with the baseplate ? Any pics?

IMG_4452.jpg5d82fe35ba0dd4c9787acd51ffd4dc16.jpg

http://blueox.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/BX2671.pdf

Truck in the Blue Ox photos is mine actually. Looks like they made a raptor specific plate based on the machining they had to do for my install. Guess I'll be calling to see if I have a little money coming back my way after serving as their guinea pig.

Didn't take any measurements with the tow hooks but the attachment tab mounts don't seem to stick out any more than the tow hooks did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• IMG_4452.jpg
    IMG_4452.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 176