Who has 37's and RPG Collars.... HELP!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Deciding on wheels/tires and still looking for two answers I have yet to figure out... hoping someone here can help. My trucks would be here in 2 weeks or so...

• Will 37's fit with an RPG 1.5" Level? (Offset near 0 on 20x9 or 20x10 wheels)?

• What is the trucks total height with 37's and the RPG 1.5" level? (needs to clear my 82-83" garage)

Thanks!

robbys3m3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the 1.5" rpg with 37" toyo r/t's on 17x9, offset 0 wheels. we did some trimming and I have minimal, if any rubbing, but fairly certain you will introduce more rubbing with a 10'" wide wheel with 0 offset. I don't get out and do a whole lot of crazy stuff so 37s work for me, but may not if you plan on a lot of aggressive events or things of that nature.

I don't know my overall height but will go out and see if I can measure it

---------- Post added at 11:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 AM ----------

I think my truck is parked on a slight incline and its windy so wasn't the easiest to measure (people were wondering wth I was doing out there..kinda funny), and I came up with around 81....ill check it later on when I get home and send you a PM if much different.

robbys3m3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Daaamn. 81. That's high.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Assuming the car and driver specs are right, it says the truck measure stock at 78.5". With mine having taller tires and the rpg collar (along with my lack of scientific tape measuring skills), I assume I'm in the ballpark.

OP
OP
JetDriver480

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Robby... please let me know what the exact height is if you can (post here as others are curious). Would hate to get her home with new tires and her not fit in my garage.... That would suck!

Also if you have a picture of your setup I would LOVE to see it! Thanks again!

robbys3m3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Robby... please let me know what the exact height is if you can (post here as others are curious). Would hate to get her home with new tires and her not fit in my garage.... That would suck!

Also if you have a picture of your setup I would LOVE to see it! Thanks again!

ill measure again when I get home. my guess is we are talking maybe a 1/2" difference if any at all from what I sent you earlier. regardless I think its gonna be darn close for you whether the truck is 80" or 82", etc, so will come down to your risk tolerance on doing the work ahead of time.

here's a pic of my truck.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/atta...ived-build-thread-20170225_044103-800x600.jpg

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
the 78.5” stock height is as close to accurate as we can get. I had to measure for entrance into a garage advertised as 6’8” or 80” I measured at front and rear of the cab of my truck - a screw and best eyeball was ... a tick under 78.5” go figure - tires properly inflated but warm from being driven.

robbys3m3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Robby - Do you like the 37's? Handling and Power ok with them?

Absolutely. I have no regrets at this point putting on the 37s.
I just stopped by my neighbors who has a fairly level driveway and also to get a second set of eyes. We both agreed my truck looked to be a hair over 80" there.

On a side note, he's a gen 1 owner and has been giving me crap on gen 2 exhaust sound. While he is never gonna say he liked the tone, he admitted my gibson wma muffler was 'way better than before:)

OP
OP
JetDriver480

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My garage is 83" Exactly... So sounds like it might work should I go the 37" Route.