what Raj Nadal departure means for raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

r3run33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess most have heard about his leaving Ford; is this a bad thing for the raptor? I know he was a really instrumental in getting the GT350R built and had a lot of say into getting Gen 2 high tech. Hope its not a bad thing for the raptor

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Ford sells every Raptor they build, the gen 2 even more so than the gen 1.

I am confident the Raptor will soldier on.

Jake17

★ REBEL LIFE ★
Reaction score
breaking news...FORD fires a **** pervert :sleepy:

Last edited:

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I guess most have heard about his leaving Ford; is this a bad thing for the raptor? I know he was a really instrumental in getting the GT350R built and had a lot of say into getting Gen 2 high tech. Hope its not a bad thing for the raptor

The hard part was getting the initial project signed off on, but with real sales numbers and buyers paying absurd ADMs, Ford has all the proof they need that this is a successful and lucrative project.

My bigger concern is Ford's eco push. The Raptor takes engineering resources and if Ford decides this eco movement is a higher priority, the Raptor could suffer from a lack of engineering resources, not poor sales. Ford sells 25k Raptors/yr versus 2.5m vehicles total. If Ford needs more engineering talent for their eco projects, the high performance division is an easy target to poach from.

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sure Jim hackett is looking at every platform/vehicle. Niche vehicles make a lot of money for ford. I sure hope they continue to move forward with the performance line. I want my next raptor to be even better than my 2017.

ThugHunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Outside your house in the FBI Surveillance Van
Sales sure, but they also have the highest margins.

The margins of Raptor sales won't even make up 1% of what Ford makes even when considering the 10k discounts on Non-Raptor F150's. It's not even a discussion. Ford Sales Numbers, Figures, Results

And I don't agree that Raptor sales will stop because the President was canned, I'm just making a point.

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They may be a small portion of overall sales yes, but they make money for ford in many different ways. They will not be going anywhere, and with the way the industry is currently evolving we will see improvements.