GEN 2 what CB Radio / Antenna / Radio Mount are you using?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
LOL I haven't had a CB radio in years... so getting back into this stuff. It's amazing that many of the radios look IDENTICAL to the ones I used 30 years ago!

snagged this from a site: An Off-Road Driver's Guide to CB Radios - 4-Wheel & Off-Road Magazine so may be a bit dated...

When choosing a CB radio for your vehicle, it is important to understand that all radios transmit with the same amount of power. The FCC limits CB transmission power to 4 watts, so choosing a CB radio is less about the power and more about how the radio fits your vehicle and your communication needs.

Picking a CB Radio
Because off-road vehicles lend to have small cabs, a compact CB radio is often a good fit. The most popular compact CB radios are the Uniden 510 PRO XL and the Cobra 75 WX ST. The Uniden 510 is an extremely durable radio that offers reliable performance at an affordable price. The Cobra 75 is a more unique radio that has the controls and speaker built into the microphone. While both of these radios are a good fit for compact vehicles, they don't have all the features found in a larger CB. If you have ample cab space and are looking for a full-size CB with all the bells and whistles, the Cobra 29 is a great choice.

Curious on what you guys are using - what antennas, and how you're mounting the radio/antenna too!

Uniden 510 PRO XL
81iVa-Lz%2B5L._SL1500_.jpg

Cobra 75
41UZlLzjDjL.jpg

Cobra 29
41Z3nOOPf%2BL.jpg

this looks pretty slick :)
365970d1423165350t-cb-antenna-f150-ant-install-1.jpg

Last edited:

Raptize

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Breaker breaker... I got a smokey on my tail. I'm thinking that Cobra 29 would look real nice mounted either in or on the glove box door or in the center console.
Any other good spots?

OP
OP
Toadster

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Breaker breaker... I got a smokey on my tail. I'm thinking that Cobra 29 would look real nice mounted either in or on the glove box door or in the center console.
Any other good spots?

i've seen some cool center console mounts :)

Robtor310

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Last edited:
D

Deleted member 12951

I have an ICOM F5021, that one is one of the more popular brand. If you want to participate in raptor runs, you need to have a VHF radio. The common channels are TRR1, TRR2, SNOBALL (GLRE) 1, 2 an 3 and Weatherman. I drilled a hole in the cab roof and mounted an antenna up there. Nobody is using a CB radio that I have ever seen on any runs and if they do, they have both.

https://www.pciraceradios.com/products/icom-mobile-f5021?variant=9034755141

OP
OP
Toadster

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score

WildClyde

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ICOM IC-208H Radio - GMRS/FRS Presets with detachable roof antenna - also capable of most VHF/UHF
Cobra 75-WXST Compact CB Radio with detachable roof antenna

Roof antenna mount from Hank Breedlove at https://www.breedlovemounts.com

Pictures below...

Attachments

• IMG_7987.jpg
    IMG_7987.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 365
  • IMG_7984.jpg
    IMG_7984.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 272
  • IMG_7934.jpg
    IMG_7934.jpg