Water leak?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck is pretty new to me, and I’ve already had to have the windshield replaced. So I figure this leak is a common problem and I’m one of the affected, OR the windshield was not sealed correctly...

I don’t think it’s even rained on me prior to having the windshield replaced so it’s hard to pin point the more likely culprit.

The felt liner on the inside of the firewall is wet... seems the water drips down the brake pedal assy.

Anyone else have water on the driver side floor after a downpour?

IMG_0048.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Truck is pretty new to me, and I’ve already had to have the windshield replaced. So I figure this leak is a common problem and I’m one of the affected, OR the windshield was not sealed correctly...

I don’t think it’s even rained on me prior to having the windshield replaced so it’s hard to pin point the more likely culprit.

View attachment 100453

I haven't seen this problem mentioned here. One guy had the sunroof drains improperly installed, but that is it. Doors, windows, sunroof, and all the other aspects of the passenger cabin are shared with the F-150, so you might find more results and information from a more broad forum.

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score

The felt liner on the inside of the firewall is wet... seems the water drips down the brake pedal assy.

View attachment 100453

That my friend looks to be brake fluid not water

OP
OP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so I looked at it quite a bit more in depth once I got in to work today.

The dry wall fabric isn’t wet. Thought it was, but probably misjudged it.

I mopped up the puddle and the light coat of “water” remaining did evaporate off of it pretty quickly. That likely eliminates the possibility of it being brake fluid.

It’s going to pour again here soon and I have it dry as a bone currently. So we’ll see if there’s a new pool of water or not. Fingers crossed that MAYBE that pool of water was just kicked in from my shoes. (Seems like a lot of water for that to be the case though)