Tundra TRD Pro does its comparison to Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CSJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found this "light" comparison recently on a Toyota Tundra blog. it mainly gives a high level comparison of the Raptor vs the TRD Pro. While we all know the TRD Pro doesn't hold a stick to the Raptor, they make a case for the TRD Pro because it is cheaper but acknowledge the TRD Pro misses on few key offroad features. (locking rear diff, etc)

I was a little surprised that some effort was put on the capabilities of the Raptor. They even went as far as talking to Corsa about the pitfalls of the V6 tone. Which, if true, is an eye opening revelation by Corsa.

In the end, they of course insinuate the Tundra is the best because it finished in front of the Raptor in the 2016 Baja 1000. But all this comparison really does is solidify that challengers always try to compare themselves with the champion!

2017 Toyota Tundra TRD PRO, 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor Compared | Tundra Headquarters Blog

RaptorEnthusiast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
According to the article, both the Raptor and Tundra TRD Pro completed the Baja 1000 in their stock form with Raptor finishing 3rd to Tundra's first place.

If this is true, then doesn't this give credence that Tundras are better than Raptors? I asked this question in another thread that I started and was told that Toyota heavily modded their racer more so than the Raptor.

But this article claims they were both in stock form. So which is it and what makes the Raptor better if it isn't the "best" on the course it's supposed to be the best at?

David

RaptorEnthusiast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Driver has nothing to do with racing, it's all the vehicle.

Brother I think I get what you're trying to say here, but my question was an honest one. To blame the Raptor finishing 3rd because of an incompetent driver is a bit of a reach.

All things equal (both trucks in stock form), the author states the Tundra finished first opposed to third. What makes the Raptor better then if it didn't even finish first in its "element"?

David