Trailer scraping issues while towing.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DarinT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You WDH is not setup correctly, you can tell by the picture and the angle of the hitch, also sounds like it's only made for half the weight your using it with. I've used a Curt #17500 and it levels the Raptor and Trailer nicely. Also, validate your weights, you're getting close to the maximum on the Raptor, need to scale your trailer, and ensure you're weights are accurate. https://www.etrailer.com/faq-how-to-determine-trailer-tongue-weight.aspx

OP
OP
P

Pulp

Reaction score
Ugh... you bought a Raptor, not a Super Duty. May want to go trade it in....

Raptors are rated for these loads so that would be not a good decision for me rather than just switching out the weight distribution hitch.

Last edited:

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You need a rear wheal drive to tow stupid. Front wheal drive spins out too much on gravel

OP
OP
P

Pulp

Reaction score
You need a rear wheal drive to tow stupid. Front wheal drive spins out too much on gravel

This seems like misinformation. No issues whatsoever towing on gravel or soft 'ish sand in 4A.

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I did not express myself correctly. I meant if you are going to tow in a stupid manner you need rear wheal drive as you spin out with front wheal drive when you overload them