TFLT Old vs New - 2014 vs 2017 Ford Raptor Drag Race: And the Fastest Raptor is...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bombsquad68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Noticed they didn't have the 2017 in Sport mode, Car and Driver said that a boost launch in 4A with sport mode gave the best acceleration. TFL is over 1 second slower to 60 than C&D, although a little bit of that is due to altitude even with forced induction.

Glenbartley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My take on all this gen 1 vs gen 2 stuff. As a engineer/project manager. no matter what project i get i have to do the best i can. Now given these are gen 2 trucks everything has to be better or its a total fail. Given restrictions by ford ( it has to be based on the new truck, it has to be a 3.5 ecoboost, it has to have the 10 speed trans). Then it has to have more power..done. it has to have more wheel travel...done. it has to get better mpg... done.

Im a gen 1 owner and love it more than anything iv ever had except for my 1993 lightning.

But if the gen 2 wasnt better in every major catagory and it is it would have been a fail.

Hats off to the engineers who made this work.

Gen 1 guys get over it. 3 years newer and with a great benchmark to grow by the gen 2 engineers did what was expected by them. Great job.

Btw i still love my gen 1 just like i love my gen 1 lightning. And wouldnt trade either for a gen 2. Not a lightning or a raptor. Just a preference because both gen 2's were faster and better.

Now lets a go have fun!! Be respectful and nice. Honor those who came first and welcome the new guys.

Last edited: