Sync Update and Lightning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MisterScott

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know two rather mundane questions, but does anyone else truck get hung up on Searching for Updates when you try it manually? What is the latest update? Also, and I know this is very pedantic, but in my recent Fords, I have been able to change the color of the ambient lighting inside the truck. It appears they have removed that feature, at least in my $65k plus truck. Is there a way to turn it on with the FORSCAN or is it a kit or not even possible. I actually like that feature in my other trucks/cars.

mr_beaverhousen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 17’s have ambient lighting that you can change but 18’s only have the blue. You can make the icon reappear on Sync through Forscan but the feature won’t work as the bulbs are blue only.

You have to use a computer and a USB stick to update to the latest Sync. The website is clunky for the update, and I had the download fail a few times before it worked. It’s a bug fix update.