Rokblokz with Husky wheel well liners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Seven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just picked up a set of Rokblokz and a few weeks ago I installed the Husky liners. Yes, the liners were a pita to install and I ended up trimming quite a bit to get them seated correctly.

I just installed the front Rokblokz and now I'm wondering about the rears. It seems you have to pull the bottom two screw retaining clips to push on the new metal screw holders. Then the top mounting hole, you need to drill a 1/8" hole and also insert a clip.

Has anyone else installed the wheel liners and then installed the flaps? Any issue with moving the liners a bit out of the way to get the Rokblokz installed or is there no issue at all and the install should go smoothly.

Let me know. Thanks.

JeremyFXDWG

Reaction score
I just installed the Rok Bloks with the Husky liners.

I used the factory plastic inserts with the stainless screws they provided and they bit so hard they are not going anywhere. I used the clip and drilled the hole only for the upper one. I have had them on for 1000 miles or so. Just off-roading on the farm but drove through all kinds of snow the last week and the held up fine.

Also check the clips and screws they sent. The screws they sent were to small for the clips and I had to run out in the wife’s car and get the right screws to fit the clips.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I used the factory screws with the factory retainers for the bottom two holes. I drilled the top hole and used one of the supplied screws and retainers.

I initially started using the supplied screws with the factory retainers but the RB screws are quite a bit fatter, I believe the thread pattern is also different. I didn't feel like re "tapping" the factory retainers.

OP
OP
Seven

Seven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My concern was the husky liner is inserted between the fender flair and the metal and I would have to remove part of the liner or push it (although it is super stiff) out of the way to insert the clip.

My screws don't match up with the inserts either but the instructions say drill a 1/8" hole so I'm assuming the metal would expand into the clip when the screw is inserted and that would make the screw hold. Guess that doesn't work for the bottom two areas where you just use the clip and the screws. Great, off to Home Depot or Lowes.

Maybe I should only keep the front on as that is what throws stuff up on the doors. :)

Update
I gave up as I do have to remove the liners or unbolt most if not all of the liner to access the area so I can install the 3rd clip. Looks like I can use the existing two screws and not use the third hole but I'm not sure how well it can hold up. Too cold for now so maybe I will revisit in the spring/summer.

Last edited: