Radar detector install mirror tap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roscoe95

Reaction score
Hi folks. New 2018 with full electronics package etc. I need to hard wire my valentine and was thinking mirror tap would do the trick. however, unlike some of the install pics I have seen, my mirror is completely enclosed on back side and has the large covered sensor below. where do I tap into the mirror?

thanks!

Brien H

Reaction score
Hi folks. New 2018 with full electronics package etc. I need to hard wire my valentine and was thinking mirror tap would do the trick. however, unlike some of the install pics I have seen, my mirror is completely enclosed on back side and has the large covered sensor below. where do I tap into the mirror?

thanks!

I just picked up my 2018, and the first "mod" was a BlendMount/MirrorTap for my V1. Behind the mirror there should be a 2 piece plastic cover. You should be able to pull the lower portion off, and unclip it from the upper plastic portion. From there, you'll see a white connector that you can install the MirrorTap into. This is all assuming the back of your mirror looks like the attached pic...

Attachments

• IMG_1529.jpg
    IMG_1529.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 167

maximus5403

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check out Obsessed Garage youtube channel. He just made a how to video on his 2018 raptor that was good.